Suggestion for Chroma and every other CA multi-layer instrument

Cherry Audio’s Chroma synthesizer is a stunning virtual instrument that meticulously revives the essence and sonic capabilities of the legendary Rhodes Chroma.
nuSoniq

Suggestion for Chroma and every other CA multi-layer instrument

Post by nuSoniq »

It would be most awesome, if there would be a future update, that introduces either an additional instrument-version with multi-outs or support for optional multi-outs, skipping/ignoring the internal FX, for each layer of Chroma. Same actually goes for any other CA instrument using layers. This would open up an entire new, unbelievable and exciting universe of extended use, possibilities and sound for so many CA instruments.

Any thoughts?
timg11

Re: Suggestion for Chroma and every other CA multi-layer instrument

Post by timg11 »

@nuSoniq, I support your suggestion. After using Omnisphere and NI plugins, I had just assumed that CA did the same thing. But now that I look closely, I see the capability is missing. I looked at the audio output settings which are the same in Chroma and GX-80:

I always thought I could check multiple outputs if I wanted to send layers to different channels. It turns out this is a single-selection dialog.

As I mention in my other post, having 4 discrete audio outputs is something that exists in the physical Chroma, and I have used in my patches. Just to separate layers, it would be possible to have 4 instances of Chroma on different tracks, and mute all except the desired A/B/C/D in each one. (Assuming Chroma as a VST in a host) But I agree that is only a workaround and would be clumsy to manage.

Return to “Chroma”