Adroit Custom Imminent

ColinP

Adroit Custom Imminent

Post by ColinP »

A bundle called Adroit Custom will be released very soon. It will consist of Custom Panel, Custom Look and Custom IO and will cost $39. There will be a 14-day free trial period.

Some of you will be disappointed to learn that the Custom Control module will not be part of this initial launch but during beta testing it became clear that the learning curve when Custom Control was included in the bundle was a little too steep. I also feel that Custom Control needs a bit more tweaking before release.

Custom Panel, Look and IO form a nice coherent bundle that addresses customization and audio, CV and MIDI connectivity. The modules are intuitive but still have a lot of depth. I think you'll enjoy exploring what they have to offer and it will take you several weeks to become familiar with them.

Custom Control is less intuitive and is all about morphing, scene management, automation and sequencing. It's arguably far more interesting from a creative point of view than the other three modules but given that it relies on the other modules to function and it is rather complex and novel it makes sense to split it off as a separate product. Depending on various factors it should be available about a month after the release of the Adroit Custom bundle and it will cost $39 too.

So instead of one expensive and very complex bundle of four modules there will be two more affordable products that have sensible learning curves.

On a more personal note...

A few days ago I checked back through about 600 pages in my notebooks and discovered that I've been working on this project full-time for over a year now. In this period I've done five rewrites and often been working 12-hour days 7 days a week. To say it's been a challenge is an understatement. But hopefully it's been worth it.

There are still a few rough edges and the documentation is not up to my usual standard yet but it's time to release an initial version There are more than 10,000 lines of complex code inside these modules so there will no doubt be a few bugs that haven't popped up in beta testing so I ask for your patience in giving me a little time to fix any problems you might encounter.

I intend to continue refining and perfecting things for months to come so your critical feedback and suggestions are most welcome.

Even after a year of struggle, I am still excited about this project and I hope you understand why once you begin to explore the modules yourself.

Draft documentation is available at https://adroitsynthesis.com/adroit-custom/. Please note this is not of the same standard as the Granular Synth and N-Step documentation. Even though I've spent a good while on it, it's still in a high state of flux and some of it is out-of-date. However, it should still be very useful.
utdgrant

Re: Adroit Custom Imminent

Post by utdgrant »

That looks exceptional, Colin. What a Herculean task! :shock: (Though I imagine it was a true labour of love, too :) )

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Can't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it, Colin. Good stuff! :D
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
T.Strand

Post by T.Strand »

Excellent work!! Adds new possibilities to VM. I'm looking forward to using the modules in all thinkable and unthinkable ways :-).

Return to “Adroit Synthesis”