Tutorial: How to disable playback with spacebar on DAWs

CR-78 -- Cherry Audio's first virtual drum machine -- accurately recreates the punchy analog sounds and 34 onboard preset rhythms of the first true classic drum machine and takes it much further.
cesardm

Tutorial: How to disable playback with spacebar on DAWs

Post by cesardm »

As read on the docs:
Start/Stop- Starts and stops playback of patterns or songs. The QWERTY keyboard space bar will start and stop CR-78 when running in standalone mode. It's disabled it in the plug-in version because most DAWs use the space bar to start and stop the transport.
Currently that is not happening on both of the DAWS i have (Logic and Ableton Live), but tbh I like it this way. I like being able to press play and make the patterns start playing without actually writing midi, just like how the OG machine would do it.

a simple solution to avoid this playback from happening for those who dont want it would be to use the red cancel buttons on the very right of the patterns list on the preset play mode, that will only enable the sounds of the midi notes you wrote on your daw to play.

I was wondering if we could have an extra option on the settings of the plugin to cancel the functionality of the Play/Start Button, as I like playing patterns and experimenting with them using the space bar on my daw... until i dont, and thats when I actually start writing midi that i dont want the playback to be triggered with the spacebar anymore.

Return to “CR-78 Drum Machine”