Changing Drum Pattern Presets Externally

CR-78 -- Cherry Audio's first virtual drum machine -- accurately recreates the punchy analog sounds and 34 onboard preset rhythms of the first true classic drum machine and takes it much further.
Dirk611

Changing Drum Pattern Presets Externally

Post by Dirk611 »

Greetings! I would like to change CR-78 patterns with external commands. I am setting up a multimedia interactive immersion experience and would like to use the CR-78, hoping to change drum patterns for new songs by sending a MIDI command (or other control format?) from an external controller and not by standing there and clicking on a laptop (o:

I searched the User Manual MIDI Learn section but didn't see my particular application. I tried to use the MIDI learn command and noticed the patterns menu does turn purple, but when clicking on it, the learn function doesn't seem to do anything. What am I doing wrong? (o:
Thanks!
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Changing Drum Pattern Presets Externally

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Program Change commands will switch the presets.

Greg
Dirk611

Re: Changing Drum Pattern Presets Externally

Post by Dirk611 »

Ah! Thank you Greg;
However, I have not been able to determine how to recall a set of factory presets from the collection.
Could you please point me to that direction to recall a whole set of factory presets from the collection?
Thank you!
Dirk

Return to “CR-78 Drum Machine”