SYNC Download Issue

Sub-forum for discussion of Cherry Audio's product management application
martywade

SYNC Download Issue

Post by martywade »

Hi All,

I'm having issues with Sync at the moment. The first plugins downloaded and installed perfectly. But as of yesterday, Sync stops downloading at around 40% on any installation and refuses to budge.

Ive tried uninstalling and Reinstalling Sync , refreshing , login out and back in , even shutting down my anti virus etc. I have a lot of wonderful instruments to install but cant get anywhere.

Any help would be great.

I'm running Windows 11 version 23H2

Many Thanks

Marty
ColinP

Re: SYNC Download Issue

Post by ColinP »

Hi,

You'll probably get a faster response by contacting CA support directly using the following link...

https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/conversation/new
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

martywade wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 8:23 pm I'm having issues with Sync at the moment. The first plugins downloaded and installed perfectly. But as of yesterday, Sync stops downloading at around 40% on any installation and refuses to budge.
Robert Saint John posted this to the "Cherry Audio User Group" on Facebook:
There is an occasional bug in Sync that we’re working on right now.

To resolve the issue in Sync (until we get it updated), here are the instructions: If Sync is getting consistently stuck at a certain percentage when trying to install/update and activate a product, there is likely an issue with the cache. Below, you'll find instructions on how to resolve this.

- Open Sync's Preferences menu (gears icon on top-right).
- Click the button named Clear Cache Files.
- Refresh Sync by clicking the circular arrows button to the left of the Search input field, or just close and reopen the application.

Try your installation again.

If this doesn't fix the issue a manual deletion of the cache folder is required:

Windows:
- Ensure Sync is closed.
- In File Explorer, open the following AppData folder: %appdata%\CherryAudio\Sync
- Delete the Cache folder.
- Reopen Sync and try the install or update again.

Mac:
- Ensure Sync is closed.
- In Finder, open the following User Library folder: ~/Library/Application Support/CherryAudio/Sync
- Delete the Cache folder.
- Reopen Sync and try the install or update again.

We’ll get this fixed in Sync through an update as quickly as possible. In meantime, the instructions above should get you up and running. Thanks for your patience!

Post by Steve W »

Thanks for posting that, Grant. The Cherry Audio Facebook page is one of about 8 or so FB pages I check on a semi-regular basis. Many FB groups allow people w/o accounts to browse/read posts. Unfortunately, the Cherry Audio Facebook Group is not one of them. I get a "You must log in to continue" roadblock. I seem to remember I used to have access to it, otherwise I probably would not have bookmarked it, but I might be mistaken.

I hope you don't get into trouble (e.g., FB account closed for sharing private information). I can't think of any reason why the Cherry Audio Facebook Group would object, but given FB's history, it wouldn't surprise me. (And considering the information came from Cherry Audio, I can't think of any reason why they would object.)

Again, thanks for sharing the post.

March 31, 2024: edited to make references to Cherry Audio clearly to the Cherry Audio Facebook Group.
Last edited by Steve W on Sun Mar 31, 2024 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

This Support article (same content) has been posted on our site for over a month, around the same time I shared it with the Cherry Audio User Group. Note that the Cherry Audio User Group is not run by Cherry Audio, so we have no control over access to it.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

cherryaudio Robert wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:21 pm This Support article (same content) has been posted on our site for over a month, around the same time I shared it with the Cherry Audio User Group. Note that the Cherry Audio User Group is not run by Cherry Audio, so we have no control over access to it.
Thanks for the clarifications, Robert. I have edited my post to reflect your comments (so no one one thinks that the Cherry Audio Facebook Group was privatized by Cherry Audio). Glad to see the information was also shared on the official Cherry Audio website. Based on the time stamp it looks like the information was available around the same time.
Posted a month ago
Updated 23 days ago

Return to “Sync”