Preset midi with variations

CR-78 -- Cherry Audio's first virtual drum machine -- accurately recreates the punchy analog sounds and 34 onboard preset rhythms of the first true classic drum machine and takes it much further.
Tiernan1980

Preset midi with variations

Post by Tiernan1980 »

Is there a way to export midi with the variations in preset mode? Thanks! I'm really loving it so far. It's one of the few drum VSTs I've been excited about.

Tiernan
UrbanCyborg

Re: Preset midi with variations

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I seem to recall Tim Shoebridge showing how in his intro video.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
Tiernan1980

Post by Tiernan1980 »

Thanks, I'll go check it out!
Tiernan1980

Post by Tiernan1980 »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:15 pm I seem to recall Tim Shoebridge showing how in his intro video.

Reid
In the video he just drags a single measure pattern over and repeats it. I'm trying to figure out how to drag over a pattern that has variations applied, like one of the fills or rolls. If that's not possible, are the rolls just added snare or high bongo hits, with no other change to the rest of the pattern?
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

It looks like the Drag Array just copies the current pattern if the toggle is set to "Pattern," with no variations active. You can, however, set it to "Song," and it will copy an entire song. If in the latter mode, variations are inactive if the Preset/User toggle is set to "Preset," but active in the other setting. I haven't tested to see whether dragging a song in that mode will capture variations, but I'm going to guess that it won't. My take on the way it's set up is that variations are an added layer of processing that's applied dynamically at play time, and not part of the base pattern or song, and so, aren't copied. For a pattern it doesn't make much sense, anyway, since variations only occur on repetitions of the pattern, and so, wouldn't be present in the first repetition, which is, basically, what's getting copied. Anyway, that's my $0.02, based on weeks of intensive playing with the CR-78. Okay, an hour or two. Would you believe ten minutes and a bit of RTFM? :D

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “CR-78 Drum Machine”