Can anyone list for me an ANALOGy hardware equivelent?

SA2K

Re: Can anyone list for me an ANALOGy hardware equivelent?

Post by SA2K »

I found a synth that matches ANALOGy known as the Moog One 16 voice. I can't afford it at all unless I can somehow do payments but I keep switching Voltage Modulars standalone app on here and there and wondering at the patches I made with it. Voltage has way more range than Moog One and I own lots of modules for it so I think I'm sticking with Voltage although in theory the fidelity is better on a Moog One.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

The Moog One is a killer instrument, but you should be aware that it has a history of problems that Moog Music has been slow to resolve. Personally, I wouldn't turn down one as a gift, but at the asking price, I'd really hesitate, and I'm a huge Moog fan.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
SA2K

Post by SA2K »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:09 am The Moog One is a killer instrument, but you should be aware that it has a history of problems that Moog Music has been slow to resolve. Personally, I wouldn't turn down one as a gift, but at the asking price, I'd really hesitate, and I'm a huge Moog fan.

Reid
I tried various distortion/saturation/clipping plugins on a particular ANALOGy preset in Cubase and interestingly a light amount of saturation & or distortion makes it seemingly match it's hardware counterparts. I tried the saturation & distortion on a Zebra 2 pad also and it makes me think that software can match hardware. Various DAC plugins out there such as D16 Group Decimort 2 are good options to use to get that nice vintage hardware DAC feel.
SA2K

Post by SA2K »

I've been further researching hardware similar to the ANALOGy module. Is the Prophet Rev2 or Prophet 6 more similar to ANALOGy? I haven't determined it on my own yet.

Return to “Waverley Instruments”