VM2500

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
cgiffuni

VM2500

Post by cgiffuni »

Anyone have an idea what VM2500 preset I can use to plug in a guitar to the interface input? Thank you.
utdgrant

Re: VM2500

Post by utdgrant »

I had a look through the 'official' preset list, but nothing seemed to be set up for processing external audio signals. It's quite simple to do, though. This section of the user guide shows you what to do.

What sort of patch were you looking for? Something like Pete Townshend's guitar on "Who Are You?". Something more extreme like ring modulation? Sequencer gated rhythms?

Post by cgiffuni »

Thanks and yes that is exactly what I would like to try, what he did with his ARP!
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

cgiffuni wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 12:40 pm Thanks and yes that is exactly what I would like to try, what he did with his ARP!
Although PT owned a 2500, the "Who Are You?" sound was created using an ARP 2600.

Post by cgiffuni »

I see you can make the input the audio card. Assuming I can get that to work is there a preset anyone knows that can sound like what Townshend did? Thnaks.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

Cherry Audio's own Mitchell Sigman created a great tutorial video showing how to get that Who Are You? sound using the CA 2600.

Post by utdgrant »

I've put together a patch which drives the 1047 filter from an envelope follower. You could use this as the basis for some experiments in external signal processing.
PseudoVocoder.jpg
PseudoVocoder.jpg (213.4 KiB) Viewed 5401 times
The amplitude envelope of a speech signal is used to drive the cut-off freq of the 1047, and the output level of a Simple Amplifier. A Micro Stringer provides a musical, harmonically-rich carrier signal, which is then filtered and amplified.
Speech Envelope Follower.voltagepreset
(11.7 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Here is a YouTube demo of the patch.

Post by cgiffuni »

So that is all interesting and helpful. Thanks.

My threshold problem remains getting Voltage modular to hear my Presonus Studio 1824c Interface input of my electric guitar as a trigger of its sounds. Once I can do that, adjusting the sounds will be next.

thanks.

Return to “Voltage Modular”