Tribute to the Quadra

Quadra emulates one of the quirkiest, rarest, and most curiosity-inspiring vintage synthesizers of all time, the 1978 ARP Quadra.
craigyb

Tribute to the Quadra

Post by craigyb »

When I was younger in the late 70's and early 80's I lusted after the Arp Quadra, I would see this synth and other class ARP's in the shop windows at Chase Music in Manchester, England. But being around 16/17 years old the Quadra was well out of my price bracket, my only chances to play one were in the shop itself and a friend of mine had bought one for fun as he knew nothing about synths but was fairly wealthy and I got to play on it for 10 minutes after college in the evenings on my way home.

So thanks to Cherry Audio and a bit of imagination I put together this trubute to my dream synth. I know the quadra had it's limitations, basically an organ with a couple of synths bolted on, but at the time it was immense. Now I can get to play with the synth in realtime and noodle away.

It can also be used as a sound design tool to DAW based VST's as it outputs all parameters over usbMIDI if required. So as long as you map your VST To this build it can be used as a design tool and you can save your patches in your DAW.
synth.jpg
synth.jpg (327.76 KiB) Viewed 3898 times
utdgrant

Re: Tribute to the Quadra

Post by utdgrant »

Insanely awesome! :o Respect!

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Or, as we say here across the pond, "Well, don't that beat all?" 8-)

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Stunning result Craig. It's inspiring to see someone put so much effort into a project and push through all the problems.

What next?

Anyone who hasn't been following this story might want to check out the previous thread...

viewtopic.php?t=2958
craigyb

Post by craigyb »

Thanks Colin, I rather fancy trying the Elka Synthex next.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

I have been following the posts on this project and the result looks amazing! Nice work!!!!

Return to “Quadra Synthesizer”