VCF keyboard tracking

Cherry Audio’s Eight Voice polyphonic synthesizer meticulously emulates the immense sound of the Oberheim Eight Voice, one of the world’s rarest and most desirable vintage instruments.
huggermugger

VCF keyboard tracking

Post by huggermugger »

I don't see a keyboard tracking switch for the VCFs anywhere. Is keyboard tracking not possible?
utdgrant

Re: VCF keyboard tracking

Post by utdgrant »

I'm pretty sure the original Oberheim SEMs lacked keyboard tracking.

Post by huggermugger »

I imagine you're right. Sometimes Cherry's fidelity to original design seems a little arbitrary. It's such a basic thing, and there's a good amount of unused space on the VCF front panel.

It's at least doable on the SEM Bundle VM versions via CV control. And it's patchable in a DAW that can provide similar control.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-10-11 at 3.40.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-11 at 3.40.17 PM.png (141.49 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

huggermugger wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 pm I imagine you're right. Sometimes Cherry's fidelity to original design seems a little arbitrary. It's such a basic thing, and there's a good amount of unused space on the VCF front panel.
Even when Oberheim did implement keyboard tracking (OB-8, Tom Oberheim reissue SEM, etc), it tended to be a switch setting with only 0% or 100% tracking available. Obviously, the "Matrix" series allowed much finer-grained control of all CV parameters, through the....well, matrix.

Return to “Eight Voice Synthesizer”