Patching VM With Commentary

Post any handy Voltage tips or tricks you've come across here.
Bata9999

Patching VM With Commentary

Post by Bata9999 »

I did a couple videos for the DMT Audio West Coast bundle but those were just filming the screen so I decided to up my production quality and do a screen capture of a patch with a bit of commentary. These videos are aimed at beginners so there won't be any overly technical explanations or techniques but it's possible even experienced users can get some ideas or enjoyment out of these videos.

https://youtu.be/La_9JCz2pno
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Re: Patching VM With Commentary

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

(reposting this here since this was the post that caught our attention for your recent videos, and this will be the video at the top)

Nice job on those videos, I'll be adding them to our front page today or tomorrow. I've been looking for a way to further feature the DMT West Coast bundle, and videos always get the best engagement. Interesting side note, I was one of the backers of the crowdfunding for that recent reprint of Allen Strange's "Electronic Music: Systems, Techniques and Controls" book that you mention, and even got Dan here an additional copy as a (late!) Christmas gift.

Once I create that post on our site, I'll keep it updated for a few weeks in case new videos and presets show up. There has certainly been a lot of interest the the bundle.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
Bata9999

Post by Bata9999 »

Hey thanks for sharing the videos! I would have maybe put a bit more effort in if I knew they would get shared. Typically my software videos get very low views. I'll likely do a few more of these in the coming weeks.
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

No problem. If anyone knows about the time and complexity involved with making videos, it's us :lol: We look forward to more, and informative and useful is better (and more popular, in our experience) than slick any day.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
Bata9999

Post by Bata9999 »

Episode 2 is up. https://youtu.be/DLVsCAEjr_Y

Some glitchy behaviour happens about halfway through this video but I'm not sure if it was my buffers or a glitch from running multiple daws and screen recording with OBS at the same time or what. I dealt with the problem pretty quickly so decided to upload this anyway.
Bata9999

Post by Bata9999 »

Return to “Tips and Tricks”