When will VM work with Logic on Ventura?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Waverley Instruments

Re: When will VM work with Logic on Ventura?

Post by Waverley Instruments »

:(

As a VM developer, and "retired" iOS developer, I'd hoped that developing for VM would provide a bit of protection from Apple's "reverse Midas touch" as I call it.

Sadly it would appear that nobody is safe from their gung-ho approach to software updates / breaking changes.

Still cautiously optimistic this somehow gets resolved :?

-Rob @ WI
david.krueger

Post by david.krueger »

I hope they fix this issue eventually. I have been waiting for months, but I am not holding my breath. This whole issue is sort of souring me on Cherry Audio products.
I would also like to clarify a couple of things and help inform others in this predicament (others have noted this as well):
Unfortunately I needed up update to Sonoma. I am running Sonoma 14.3.1 and Logic 10.8.1 on Apple Silicon M1 with Rosetta 2 installed.
Voltage Modular 2.7.0 will not work at all with Logic. No matter what I do, I cannot get the plug-in to function with this configuration.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Son__I_am_Disappoint_by_SonIAmDisappointPLZ-2047904322.jpg
Son__I_am_Disappoint_by_SonIAmDisappointPLZ-2047904322.jpg (42.76 KiB) Viewed 759 times
simonpyke

Post by simonpyke »

early indication, it would appear the latest macos update fixes the Logic issue... :-)
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

13.6.6 did not fix VM for me in Logic, so I take it that you mean Sonoma, which I cannot upgrade to at this time for important reasons. I did move to Sonoma a few months back and had to roll back, because it broke many things.
simonpyke

Post by simonpyke »

my personal experience is that I (mistakenly) updated to sonoma - which broke some things with ilok (as for many people) but most recent update has fixed all of that for me including voltage modular. (Sonoma 14.4.1)

other experiences may differ!
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Ah, perhaps that was why I rolled back. I remember it was a disaster, and I keep feeling like there was another issue. But it sounds like I might try again at the end of April. I'm shocked Apple made the effort to correct this. I wish they would do the same for Ventura.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

wavemechanic wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:49 am Ah, perhaps that was why I rolled back. I remember it was a disaster, and I keep feeling like there was another issue. But it sounds like I might try again at the end of April. I'm shocked Apple made the effort to correct this. I wish they would do the same for Ventura.
Apple does security upgrades for the latest three OS's, but functional upgrades only for the current OS.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hello,

What have we here? https://www.macrumors.com/2024/03/25/ap ... ma-14-4-1/

It also addresses an issue that could cause apps with Java to quit unexpectedly, and it fixes an issue that could cause Audio Unit plug-ins for professional music apps not to open.

Has anyone tried this? We're taking a look and we are cautiously optimistic.

Greg
simonpyke

Post by simonpyke »

Yes working here now with that update

Return to “Voltage Modular”