When will VM work with Logic on Ventura?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Re: When will VM work with Logic on Ventura?

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

Cherry Audio is happy to report that the macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 update finally resolves the issue that has prevented Voltage Modular from running natively in Logic Pro on Apple Silicon in Sonoma and some versions of Ventura (From macOS 13.3 to macOS 14.4).

Testing will continue, and we recommend that you check your other vendor websites for support info before updating.

If you have updated and Voltage Modular isn't appearing in your available plugins, open the Plug-In Manager in Logic Pro and rescan Voltage Modular and Voltage Modular FX.

Please review the complete details in this Support article.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Such good news, thanks Robert.

I've had ongoing stability issues with VM in Logic for a long time, but having just updated Sonoma and then built a piece using VM, I haven't yet seen the spontaneous crashes that I would have expected. Encouraging! :)
Last edited by huggermugger on Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

Really useful feedback from the community here. I will try to upgrade once I'm in a position to. Looking forward to all these fixes in Sonoma.
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

huggermugger wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:14 pm Such good news, thanks Robert.

I've had ongoing stability issues with VM in Logic for a long time, but having just updated Sonoma and then built a piece using VM, I haven't yet seen the spontaneous crashes that I would have expected. Encouraging! :)
It certainly leaves us free to now focus on things that matter and that are actually under our control. As frustrating as it was for our users, it was equally so for us, with many lost hours and dead-ends. Users and developers should not have to be concerned that every update can turn things upside down, or mysteriously turn it right-side up again!

Now, onto the better things!
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

I can imagine the frustration. I have been having lags in Logic every few saves ever since I moved to M1. It would be nice if that is fixed as well. We shall see. I saw an interview with Steve Jobs on Instagram tonight where he states that his focus is always on the user experience and that engineering revolves around that experience and not around what Apple can do with new tech. Despite his ego, Steve understood what made the company great. I think Apple is losing sight of the whole point of having a computer, which is to facilitate creativity and productivity.
cherryaudio Robert wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:30 pm
huggermugger wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:14 pm Such good news, thanks Robert.

It certainly leaves us free to now focus on things that matter and that are actually under our control. As frustrating as it was for our users, it was equally so for us, with many lost hours and dead-ends. Users and developers should not have to be concerned that every update can turn things upside down, or mysteriously turn it right-side up again!

Now, onto the better things!
david.krueger

Post by david.krueger »

I am sorry that I ever doubted Cherry Audio. Please forgive me. This morning I tested VM with Logic Pro 10.8.1 after upgrading to Sonoma 14.4.1 and it works well as far as I can tell. I did have to "Reset & Rescan Selection" of the Voltage Modular and Voltage Modular FX plugins and there was a little midi hiccup at first but all good after that. Thanks for the great synth plugin. Sorry again for any bad vibes from my earlier comments.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Another stability issue I had prior to the Sonoma update has been resolved. Changing the channel output configuration of VM used to cause an immediate shutdown of Logic. A problem no more, nice!
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 9-1.07.51 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 9-1.07.51 AM.png (71.57 KiB) Viewed 567 times
wavemechanic

Post by wavemechanic »

All good here on Sonoma 14.4.1. What a relief. It has even fixed the always-depressing Logic-save lag that happened every other save since I moved to the M1. Gone. Fan-fn-tastic! Thanks to all who provided encouragement to upgrade. It broke my Mail plugin, but losing that is a small price to pay for perfect stability in Logic! Icing on the cake: PlugSearch ($30).

Return to “Voltage Modular”