When will VM work with Logic on Ventura?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
robgray

When will VM work with Logic on Ventura?

Post by robgray »

I saw the support notice from back in March about not being able to use Voltage Modular FX in Logic. Are there any updates on this?
Steve W

Re: When will VM work with Logic on Ventura?

Post by Steve W »

robgray wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:19 am I saw the support notice from back in March about not being able to use Voltage Modular FX in Logic. Are there any updates on this?
Have you looked at the support page recently? I assume the latest information would be posted there. https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/article/ ... ported-yet

Perhaps you can ask support if they have an e-mail list so people interested in hearing the information as soon as it is available can get an e-mail.
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

robgray wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:19 am I saw the support notice from back in March about not being able to use Voltage Modular FX in Logic. Are there any updates on this?
We have genuinely had an involved back-and-forth with Apple on this for months. We've identified and confirmed the specific issue from a development standpoint. We're exploring some different options and hope to have some updated information within a few weeks. We will post an update on the situation here in the forum and in the Support section as soon as we determine how we're going to proceed.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
robgray

Post by robgray »

Robert- has the team been testing it on Sonoma? Any signs whether or not Logic users on will have full use of the software again?
AlexF79

Post by AlexF79 »

Since the latest Logic 10.7.9 VM causes a problem: "An Audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart Logic Pro". this is new to me, in Logic 10.7.8 it worked fine
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

robgray wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:04 am Robert- has the team been testing it on Sonoma? Any signs whether or not Logic users on will have full use of the software again?
Testing on Sonoma, yes. All looks good with Sonoma and VM in general, but we'll make the final judgment next week when it's released. We've already got a Support article for it, which will be updated as soon as we know for certain. Keep an eye on that link.

But there is nothing in Sonoma that fixes the Logic issue. The good news is that we're finishing up work on our own solution and should have something shortly!
Robert
--
Cherry Audio
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

AlexF79 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:37 pm Since the latest Logic 10.7.9 VM causes a problem: "An Audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable. Please quit and restart Logic Pro". this is new to me, in Logic 10.7.8 it worked fine
This is likely not related to the topic here. Please drop a note to Support and include the message and details about your Mac and macOS.
Robert
--
Cherry Audio
Waverley Instruments

Post by Waverley Instruments »

cherryaudio Robert wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:26 pmThe good news is that we're finishing up work on our own solution and should have something shortly!
That sounds more like fantastic news to me! Well done guys, and much appreciated. I'd also reached the stage where this issue was causing me a certain amount of grief.

For what it's worth, I'm no stranger to Apple's reverse Midas touch when developing audio apps for iOS, AKA If it ain't broke, break it... ;) I can imagine this particular issue was non-trivial to say the least!

-Rob @ WI
simonpyke

Post by simonpyke »

hello,

just wondering if theres any news on this? last news sounded promising..
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Finish line in sight, a number of people working on it yesterday. No new news, no specific date, just that we’re still working on it.
Robert
--
Cherry Audio

Return to “Voltage Modular”