Yamaha CE25?

GX-80 is Cherry Audio's visionary flagship synthesizer that combines the unparalleled sound and features of the fabled GX-1 "Dream Machine"and its renowned descendant the CS-80 to create a powerhouse hybrid.
subpardaemon

Yamaha CE25?

Post by subpardaemon »

hi all,

as you may know, CE25 was a very early FM synth with a very limited set of timbres, however... it allowed some modification on these timbres (which were based on classic orchestral instruments, weeelll, an honest attempt at sounding like them, at least), it had an aftertouch control, and a killer effect: the orchestral ensemble, which is probably some sort of an aggressive chorus, but with a distinct and beautiful coloration on the voice.

i have one of them at home, but alas, its power supply went up in smoke, and the chances of repairing my beloved CE25 are indeed very low.

now, i was wondering, that given that GX80 has all the FM tricks worked out, if cherry audio would be kind enough to create a replica of the effect and add the CE25's presets as a sound bank, therefore creating an extension to GX80... if you are curious what it sounds like, here's a random youtube video showcasing some of its presets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS2nSEgWAJA .

i think since this was such a butique synth it would not merit a synth of its own, but an expansion... i think the beauty of its voice should be remembered virtually, and cherry audio has already a great foundation to build it upon.
utdgrant

Re: Yamaha CE25?

Post by utdgrant »

The Solaris Ensemble module for VM can create many different types of chorus and ensemble effects. It can produce everything from simple Juno-style chorus all the way to the classic ARP Solina / Eminent 310 string-ensemble type of sounds. It can be used in Voltage Modular Nucleus (free-of-charge) and has a 28-day free demo period to see if it fits your needs.

Post by MRBarton »

The GX-80 does not do FM synthesis. Neither did the CS-80 or GX-1. They are all subtractive, so your request for presets cannot be fulfilled. The GX-80 already has a pretty lush sounding chorus, but it's not quite up to ensemble level. Still, with all the layering you can do, things can get pretty thick.
--mb
subpardaemon

Post by subpardaemon »

ah, for some reason i was under the impression it was an FM synth. does CA have any FM synths?
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

subpardaemon wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:50 pm ah, for some reason i was under the impression it was an FM synth. does CA have any FM synths?
Yes - Sines!

Return to “GX-80 Synthesizer”