Mod Wheel

Cherry Audio’s Octave Cat synthesizer emulates The CAT duophonic synthesizer unleashed by Octave Electronics in 1976.
Jo Beatz

Mod Wheel

Post by Jo Beatz »

Is there a mod wheel parameter in the plugin and if so, (how) can I automate it? I have not found anything yet. :?:

Regards
Steve W

Re: Mod Wheel

Post by Steve W »

I don't have this but the webpage says "Complete MIDI control and DAW automation for all controls, with easy-to-use MIDI learn and mapping."

Based on this I would assume that you can map all sorts of controllers (not just Mod Wheels) to all sorts of parameters.

See also https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... ng-started and https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... ontrollers .

If you download the pdf, "wheel" and "mod wheel" are mentioned.

As for automating parameters by a mod wheel (or any other controller), I have found Cherry Audio Instruments have full sets of automatable/controllable parameters. I usually test these in Voltage Modular's Plug-In Host or in my favorite DAW. I would be surprised if the Octave Cat doesn't contain a full assortment of parameters.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

The LFO Modulation Depth Knob on the oscillators and filter are bipolar. When turned to the left ("WHL"), the mod depth is further attenuated by the mod wheel. When turned to the right ("DIR"), the depth is fixed.

Post by Jo Beatz »

Hi guys,

thank you for your answers! I have looked at all this but still do not quite figure it out. I have a big keyboard with a mod wheel but I don't have that connected right now and my mpk mini doesn't have a mod wheel. I wanted to create an automation in the DAW but I can't find a parameter to automate called mod wheel. Because if I understood it correctly, parameters can be routed on the "real" mod wheel?

Best regards

Jo
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

Jo Beatz wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:11 pm I wanted to create an automation in the DAW but I can't find a parameter to automate called mod wheel.
You could try sending automation from your DAW using MIDI CC 1.
Jo Beatz

Post by Jo Beatz »

That was the solution! Thank you very much.

Best regards

Return to “Octave Cat Synthesizer”