Keyboard Option

Cherry Audio’s Octave Cat synthesizer emulates The CAT duophonic synthesizer unleashed by Octave Electronics in 1976.
tarkus1971

Keyboard Option

Post by tarkus1971 »

Hi and thanks for the awesome release of the Cat.

I have a question, The Cat, Mercury 6, Sines, Mercury 4 and some other of your synths have the keyboard displayed at the bottom of the synth, my question is, can this be added to the synths that don't feature this, Memorymode, DC106, Polymode, Dreamsynth, etc. Just have a purchased a portable touchscreen monitor and use the synths that have this option for realtime editing, and having the bigger synth keyboard at the bottom is great. The small keyboard that you can select is a little to small for this.

I did watch an interview where it was mentioned that the GUI's on the older CA synth might be re-worked and I hope this feature might be included too.

Keep up the awesome work there at CA, the Cat is amazing, on par with the Mercury 6. I got 'em all and want more too. :D
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Re: Keyboard Option

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

tarkus1971 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:31 pm can this be added to the synths that don't feature this
Thanks for the compliments and the feedback. Whether or not the keyboard is included is a design choice, often but not always implemented mainly on the vintage synth emulations. Some love it, some consider it wasted space. We make the decision on a case by case basis. It is not possible add this time to easily add the keys UI to the existing synths, implement a show/hide option. It would, as you indicate, require us to revisit some older synths for a possible "version 2.0." But we appreciate the feedback and will keep it in mind for future products and versions.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio

Return to “Octave Cat Synthesizer”