GX-80 feature request

GX-80 is Cherry Audio's visionary flagship synthesizer that combines the unparalleled sound and features of the fabled GX-1 "Dream Machine"and its renowned descendant the CS-80 to create a powerhouse hybrid.
SA2K

GX-80 feature request

Post by SA2K »

I'm a big fan of GX-80 and all the other cool Cherry Audio instruments and f I would like a slick randomization feature and morphing knobs and variations like in Voltage Modular if anyone can make those additions to ALL the Cherry Audio synths. I know Cherry synths would be way better with the extra features I want. Anyone else agree?
Rare Bird

Re: GX-80 feature request

Post by Rare Bird »

Sounds like something the Nord G2 Engine has.
ColinP

Post by ColinP »

One approach that might work would be to run GX-80 (or any other virtual instrument) inside Voltage Modular using a Plug-In Host module then use multiple CV to MIDI CC Converter modules to send it CC via MIDI.

It would be tedious to set up but once you'd assigned all the MIDI Learn mappings you could save them. Then you'd have CV control over the instrument's parameters and could do any kind of sequencing/morphing/randomization you like using regular VM modules.
SA2K

Post by SA2K »

Rare Bird wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:42 pm Sounds like something the Nord G2 Engine has.
Voltage Modular has the features already, also. The instruments would do well with the features I think. At least some of them. Maybe just morphs not random and variations I suppose for the sake of slick knob usage.
SA2K

Post by SA2K »

ColinP wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:43 pm One approach that might work would be to run GX-80 (or any other virtual instrument) inside Voltage Modular using a Plug-In Host module then use multiple CV to MIDI CC Converter modules to send it CC via MIDI.

It would be tedious to set up but once you'd assigned all the MIDI Learn mappings you could save them. Then you'd have CV control over the instrument's parameters and could do any kind of sequencing/morphing/randomization you like using regular VM modules.
It's a little impractical to have to use the instruments in Voltage but I will certainly want to consider it. Thanks for the tip. I do realize nearly any plugin in au or vst2/vst3 format would be nice to sequence/morph/randomize or modulate in a plugin host module, actually.

Return to “GX-80 Synthesizer”