New Module - PERCSTATION

Waverley Instruments

New Module - PERCSTATION

Post by Waverley Instruments »

PERCSTATION for Voltage Modular - Virtual Analog Percussion Workstation

We like to think PERCSTATION isn’t your typical analog drum machine emulation. That’s why we call it a “percussion workstation”. Sure, it can do regular drum machine sounds, but we hope that PERCSTATION inspires you to take your rhythmic ideas into new sonic territory!

Four virtual analog drum synth voices, each with with two variable shape oscillators, two noise sources and variable mode filter with multiple drive options

Four track 16 step x 16 pattern (or 256 step) grid-based sequencer with variable probability per step, time signature support, swing and pattern cycle mode

Two variable shape step-based modulation sources per voice with 20 possible modulation destinations

Built-in delay, two reverbs, voice effects send matrix, compressor, limiter and 4-channel mixer

Internal or external sync, host transport, voice output routing, voice trigger in / out

User preset support for voice, kit, sequence and instrument setups

Growing collection of voice and instrument factory presets

https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/percstation
dayvyg

Re: New Module - PERCSTATION

Post by dayvyg »

This looks awesome! Looking forward to playing with it.

d.
Waverley Instruments

dayvyg wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:26 pmThis looks awesome! Looking forward to playing with it.
Many thanks! And please let us know what you think!
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Looks pretty fantastic and James Dyson's demos (way too short in my opinion) showcase some nice features and abilities. Best wishes for continued successes with your modules.
Waverley Instruments

Steve W wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:27 pm Looks pretty fantastic and James Dyson's demos (way too short in my opinion) showcase some nice features and abilities. Best wishes for continued successes with your modules.
Many thanks Steve! James did an awesome job on this one and his contribution extended way beyond preset sound design, playing an active role with design ideas and feedback on PERCSTATION pretty much on a daily basis before development even started in earnest.

Sound designers are often the unsung heroes in the virtual instrument world, but we'd be nothing without them imho. -Rob @ WI
Waverley Instruments

v1.1 Update

PERCSTATION for Voltage Modular has had a very small v1.1 update that hopefully makes the PATTERN / CYCLE options more useful when using PERCSTATION in a DAW.

If you want the current pattern to repeat, then stop after a certain number of bars, set the pattern button to LOOP and the cycle button to STOP. Previously, you also had to have the pattern button set to CYCLE for STOP to work - this was a bit confusing! :?

-Rob @ WI
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

I've had some time to use this module and it really is pretty fantastic. It has a lot of options packed into it and being able to trigger samples is an added bonus. One change I'd like to see is the ability to choose a pattern based on a voltage instead of having to sequentially cycle through the patterns. That way you could easily jump from say pattern 2 to pattern 15. Any of the various 16 patterns could be chosen with a voltage range of 4 using .25 volts to separate the patterns.

Having said all this, it's possible (isn't it always ;) ) that I'm out to lunch and there's a simple way to do this already.

Thanks.
d.
Waverley Instruments

Hi D, many thanks for the kind words - great to hear you're enjoying PERCSTATION!
dayvyg wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:21 pmOne change I'd like to see is the ability to choose a pattern based on a voltage instead of having to sequentially cycle through the patterns.
I'll add that to the list of feature requests for a future update as it's a nice idea, and currently there's no way to do that. It'll probably be switchable / an option so we don't break the way it works currently.

For anyone else interested reading this, here's how it currently works: The PTN input jack can be used as a trigger for next or previous pattern selection. Send +1V or more for next, and -1V or less for previous.

All the best, -Rob @ WI
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

Many thanks!! :D This will, in my opinion, pretty much make it a perfect drum module.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

I'm really looking forward to getting to know this machine. But there's a lot of deep blue and 96 identical knobs in the drum section alone for the eye to parse. A bit of contrast might make the workflow easier.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 9.58.42 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-07-29 at 9.58.42 AM.png (750.29 KiB) Viewed 4439 times
Last edited by huggermugger on Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Waverley Instruments”