Mac Mini M2pro users here? Opinions?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
ColinP

Re: Mac Mini M2pro users here? Opinions?

Post by ColinP »

I think the choices we make about machines are very personal. The history, what software we are comfortable with, our environment, our budget.

I was fortunate to use Macs and high-end workstations for a good while and used to look down my nose at PCs but times have changed.

Now I operate on a tight budget and live in a small space with no mains electricity but I still want a fast machine that can support a wide range of software so there is only one option and that's a Windows based laptop at about the £1,000 ($1,300) mark. And to keep the price performance ratio and battery efficiency working well I try to replace the machine every three years.

Previous choices have been Acer, Asus and my current machine is a Huawei. I'm not sure about what to get next but it won't be an Apple.
creart

Post by creart »

oh my gawd.. need to sell a WHOLE lot of modules to make that happen :shock:
:D :D :D
Last edited by creart on Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Request for Music
creart

Post by creart »

Ya I worked on both Windows PCs and Macs but have been working in Graphics since 1985 and then Mac came first with Quark Xpress in 87 I guess and other graphics software followed... it took quite some time before that kind of stuff was ported to Windows... AND Notator (Emagic) that I used on Atari was bought by Apple so that came to be my next music software after coming from a Commodore 64 with Steinberg Pro 12 software and a Sequential Circuits hardware sequencer on the C64 first..
Then Atari...
Then an Apple... lot of different versions of those and a lot of money later....

And ya Apple is expensive but I like the system.. so in my heart I have decided, but the Mac Pro is out of reach I'm afraid...
The Studio M2 might be a good one!
Request for Music

Return to “Voltage Modular”