Aliasing on the VM900 CP3 Rev 1 mixer

SynthBaron

Aliasing on the VM900 CP3 Rev 1 mixer

Post by SynthBaron »

Hi,

Just saw this section of the forum for the first time. There was a discussion many months ago over here in another section about the aliasing problem with examples:

viewtopic.php?p=11196#p11196

Wondering if it's an easy bug that can be fixed. Thanks.
MRBarton

Re: Aliasing on the VM900 CP3 Rev 1 mixer

Post by MRBarton »

As soon as I have a few microseconds, I will look into this. It's going to increase the CPU load of this module quite a bit to fix. When I got the strange, non-linear behavior of this mixer working, I was really thrilled because it behaves exactly like the hardware. I never noticed the aliasing until you guys brought it up.

Boy, ya write a million modules that work fine and no one says a word, but you make one little bitty mistake and you get called on the carpet. Just kidding, I appreciate all your fine ears out there. All feedback is welcome. I wish there were more.

--mb
UrbanCyborg

Re: Aliasing on the VM900 CP3 Rev 1 mixer

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Not to add to your trouble bucket, Mark, but Chris Neueburger noted that Zeroscillator aliases badly. That may have been a post on FaceBook. I responded to him with a statement to the effect that whatever it was doing, I'd have bet it was mimicking the behavior of the hardware version. This thread reminded me of that.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “MRB”