Using Time Assistant as Event Triggers

Steve W

Using Time Assistant as Event Triggers

Post by Steve W »

When remaining time has reached zero, alarm field will start blinking and a 5 volt signal is sent from it’s output jack until alarm is confirmed by clicking onto CONFIRM button or a trigger pulse at confirm input jack is received.
I am starting to explore the use of Time Assistant to trigger sequencer events as part of a larger project. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Intuitively, I set a target time and wired the alarm to a sequencer's start. That did not start the sequencer. So I then wired the alarm to a CV meter to look for the 5v signal. There was none.

OK. I just randomly started changing things and the Time Assistant Alarm gave me 5v.

OK. Got it working (triggered the sequencer to start). :-) COOL!!!!!!!! Making more plans now.

SET Button is a toggle: (1) Press once to set target time. This also turns pause on. After setting target time (2) Press a second time to activate (which turns the pause off).

TIP: Wire Alarm to Confirm to turn off 5v start trigger automatically.

Phase 1 result/use: Time Assistant # 1 starts sequencer [used as a test event]. Time Assistant # 2 stops sequencer. SUPER COOL!!!!

Thanks for this multi-purpose module.
Attachments
P.moon Time - 0001a'.png
P.moon Time - 0001a'.png (126.86 KiB) Viewed 1602 times
Steve W

Re: Using Time Assistant as Event Triggers

Post by Steve W »

NOTE: The above used date mode. Countdown mode requires some different steps.

Looking forward to using CVs to program/automate time-based switching. :-)
Attachments
P.moon Time - 0002a'.png
P.moon Time - 0002a'.png (137.22 KiB) Viewed 1596 times
P.moon Time - 0002b'.png
P.moon Time - 0002b'.png (140.3 KiB) Viewed 1596 times
seal58

Re: Using Time Assistant as Event Triggers

Post by seal58 »

Hello Steve,

I'm really surpriced by the way you use Time Assistant. That is a purpose, I didn't think of yet. Thanks for showing it in this forum.

Best Regards
Roland @ P.moon

Return to “P.moon”