1 Gazillion Inputs

Share your custom presets here.
spacepickle

1 Gazillion Inputs

Post by spacepickle »

In the official VM manual, there is a paragraph that explains the infinite cable connections available within the software. It includes a small parenthetical:
"We can't wait for some wiseacre to attempt to connect 1500 cables to one jack."
Ok, it's more like 400 inputs, but that's still a ton of cables. At this point it would be very difficult to harness the raw power of all these oscillators, and my attempt to create the basic demo patch with all of these oscillators simply did not work. I've left them in so some more experienced person could do it if they wanted to. It actually makes a very cool raw sounding arpeggio sound because of the delay produced by mixing so many inputs.
Here's the preset if anyone wants it:
input insanity.voltagepreset
(155.97 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
P.S. make sure you disable cables, or your computer will lag like crazy :lol:
Last edited by spacepickle on Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve W

Re: 1 Gazillion Inputs

Post by Steve W »

It sounds like you could use several of those expensive graphics card I have heard about which people allegedly use for mining crypotcurrency for fun and profit. :lol: Seriously, run-of-the-mill graphics tend to eat my CPU power as it is. Don't want to burn my PC up with all those just-because-you-can-do-it cables.
Steve W

Re: 1 Gazillion Inputs

Post by Steve W »

I gave in. It only pushed my CPU up to between 70-95% Total CPU usage, but scrolling VM took more time than is tolerable, and it took about 8 seconds for VM to begin to respond to my "New" button keypress so I could kill the preset. :o

Return to “Preset Exchange”