Stringer Seventy Six & Solaris updates

utdgrant

Stringer Seventy Six & Solaris updates

Post by utdgrant »

I've updated all the modules within Stringer Seventy Six, and the Solaris Ensemble module, to incorporate some features developed for Micro Stringer and Buffy Beef Bass Oscillators.

The updates are:

Pink Flight Divide-Down Oscillator

All Poly Inputs are 'normalled' to the POLY SOURCES panel in VM, so you no longer have to connect cables every time you pull the module into a rack. The normalled connections will be overridden as soon as you connect a poly cable to any of the Poly Inputs.

Maximum Attack, Decay and Release times have been extended from 10 seconds up to 20 seconds.

I've introduced a new "Detune" knob, which adds a variable frequency offset to all keys. This causes keys an octave apart to become detuned from one another, giving you a looser, more analogue, phasing sound. You can return to 'classic divide-down phase-locked' mode by returning the Detune knob to its default value of 0.0.

Aqua Marine String Ensemble

I've introduced a new "Mode" switch which allows you to select between classic Solina-style ensemble and the simpler Chorus sound, which was an option on Micro Stringer. You can also select "Off" mode, which bypasses the effect completely. You can also use the right-click "Bypass Module" option as before.

Kleiner-Kiffer Phaser

You can now select "Off" mode from the 'Color' switch. This bypasses the effect completely. You can also use the right-click "Bypass Module" option as before.

Solaris Ensemble Generator

Like Aqua Marine, I've introduced a new "Mode" switch which allows you to select between classic Solina-style ensemble and the simpler Chorus sound. You can also select "Off" mode, which bypasses the effect completely. You can also use the right-click "Bypass Module" option as before.

I've thoroughly tested all modules with existing preset packs, and my own patches. They all load and sound identical to the existing versions.

User guides have been updated to explain the new functions, and can be found at the Documentation Page.

There's also a short YouTube video demonstrating the new features.

In addition, I've added Micro Stringer to both the Freebie Collection and the Ultimate Collection. All bundles and modules should download and update automatically the next time you connect to the CA server.

If you encounter any problems, please let me know.

Enjoy!

Return to “Dome Music Technologies”