Upcoming deadline for selling/giving away licenses

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
ttop

Re: Upcoming deadline for selling/giving away licenses

Post by ttop »

While we are at licenses, what happens if I buy a 3rd party plugin and afterwards the vendor shuts down his business and removes all his products from the store. Will I keep the modules that I bought?
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

We could hide the modules from the store, but still allow them to work and download for existing customers.

Greg
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

ttop wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:42 pm While we are at licenses, what happens if I buy a 3rd party plugin and afterwards the vendor shuts down his business and removes all his products from the store. Will I keep the modules that I bought?
I was wondering about this very topic myself. However, as an experiment, I tried to delete one of my own published products. The developer dashboard was having none of it. I don't know if there's some 'sudo level' setting you can enable in order to let you delete. However, this response was quite reassuring to me. It suggests that you'd have to negotiate with an admin at CA in order to completely delete a published product from the store.
DeletePublishedProduct.jpg
DeletePublishedProduct.jpg (61.36 KiB) Viewed 1436 times
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

Just to be super crystal clear on this, developers can remove (hide) a product from the store for future sales, but the product is not removed from the backend. This ensures that anyone who bought a product will keep it and have access to it in their library, regardless of whether a manufacturer/developer decides to move on.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

cherryaudio Robert wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:46 pm Just to be super crystal clear on this, developers can remove (hide) a product from the store for future sales, but the product is not removed from the backend. This ensures that anyone who bought a product will keep it and have access to it in their library, regardless of whether a manufacturer/developer decides to move on.
That's very reassuring. Thanks.

Return to “Voltage Modular”