and in the cabinets combine them.
Ultimate Bundle.jpg
Ultimate Bundle.jpg (323.81 KiB) Viewed 1861 times
Monkey Business Audio
Modules - Music - Twitter - YouTube
akiyat

Re: One bundle...

Post by akiyat »

The price for this bundle doesn't seem to take into account the previous modules I own. I already purchased everything from you except for 3 modules, which would cost way less to buy than the $89.50 price of this bundle.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

akiyat wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:21 pm The price for this bundle doesn't seem to take into account the previous modules I own. I already purchased everything from you except for 3 modules, which would cost way less to buy than the $89.50 price of this bundle.
I faced a similar issue in Octotober of 2021 that prompted me to pose a question in the Store forum:
Steve W wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:36 pm When there are sales and a VM user already owns some of the modules in a bundle, does the store negate the discount for owning modules in the bundle? In short, when there is a sale, do new bundle purchasers having no purchases of modules within the bundle and purchasers who already own some of the modules within the bundle get the same discount (the sale price with no discount for prior ownership)?

Thanks for any clarity you can give to this issue.
For a particular sale, I saw only the sale price that was available to everyone with no "loyalty discount" for owning several modules in the bundle. Another module maker replied. You can read it in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=1949 . In short, it is up to individual developers to opt in (or not).

When I asked the developer in question about a discount based on my prior purchase of several modules in the bundle, I was told that Cherry Audio determines whether or not there is a discount. However, it was clear that the developer would not be looking into it further and I would not be getting a loyalty discount. So, I decided not to buy the bundle.

You could try sending a Private Message to the developer. Maybe the developer will look into it; maybe not. Maybe the developer will decide to opt into the loyalty rewards feature; maybe not. From what I understand (as noted above), it is up to each individual module maker.
honki-bobo

Post by honki-bobo »

Sorry, everyone, my mistake. I actually overlooked the option to activate automatically applied discounts if you already own modules contained in the bundle. Should be fixed now.
Please excuse the inconvenience. If the problem still exists, please report back and I'll do my best to fix it.

Best regards,
Martin
Monkey Business Audio
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

honki-bobo wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:29 am Sorry, everyone, my mistake. I actually overlooked the option to activate automatically applied discounts if you already own modules contained in the bundle. Should be fixed now.
Please excuse the inconvenience. If the problem still exists, please report back and I'll do my best to fix it.
Glad to hear you changed your settings to provide for loyalty discounts for VM consumers who previously purchased modules and want to upgrade to a bundle that includes other (unowned) modules.

I just checked and I am now seeing discounts on your sale-priced bundles based on my prior purchases.

Personally, I think the loyalty discounts are a great thing for both consumers of VM modules as well as module makers. I hope you will be continuing to offer them for the various sales.
honki-bobo

Post by honki-bobo »

Steve W wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:14 pm I just checked and I am now seeing discounts on your sale-priced bundles based on my prior purchases.
That's good to hear and thanks a lot for the feedback.
Steve W wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:14 pm Personally, I think the loyalty discounts are a great thing for both consumers of VM modules as well as module makers. I hope you will be continuing to offer them for the various sales.
I think so, too. I am also a VM customer and as such I would also like to see my already paid for modules accounted for in a bundle price.
And in the future I will remember turning on the automatic discount ;)

Best regards,
Martin
Monkey Business Audio
akiyat

Post by akiyat »

TYVM!
honki-bobo

Post by honki-bobo »

akiyat wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:30 pmTYVM!
You're welcome! And thanks a lot for your support!
Monkey Business Audio
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

I wish all the developers would see this thread and have a romp through their own settings. I'm about to recheck mine. I did go through all the various offerings on the store site, and noticed that many, many of the bundles don't correctly discount based on what I own of their stuff. I wouldn't have noticed it for yours, Martin, simply because I already own all of your modules, but I sure notice it for others. For instance, there's one "got everything" bundle that I have all but one lesser module in, but the bundle would still be $30 for me; it would still be cheaper to buy the one module at its (non-sale) price of $10. And, frankly, there are a lot more bundles that behave this way for me than not.

On a somewhat related note, checking the "Hide Products I Own" button in the store doesn't hide most of the bundles I do, in fact, own. I suspect this quirk has to do with the fact that I own those bundles not because I bought them as such, but because I acquired all the modules they contain via various different routes. The store site apparently bases its judgements as to which you own purely on whether it can find a record of its purchase somewhere in your library, rather than doing the harder task of seeing whether you own the contained modules (which it could find out via the same mechanism, but at a higher computing cost).

I suppose I should really have posted this to the store section, with a link to this thread, but it's a done deal now.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
honki-bobo

Post by honki-bobo »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:12 am I'm about to recheck mine.
Yeah, I also made sure that the automatic discount is activated on all my bundles and luckily it was 8-)

I suppose the "problem" is that the automatic discount is an opt-in feature on the developer dashboard. I'm pretty sure that more automatic discounts would be applied if this was an opt-out feature.
Monkey Business Audio

Return to “Monkey Business Audio”