Bully Beef Bass Oscillators

utdgrant

Bully Beef Bass Oscillators

Post by utdgrant »

Bully Beef is a dual sawtooth oscillator module. It has two unique features which make it ideal for creating fat bass patches:

1) The fundamental frequency of each waveform can be at normal level ("Norm"), twice the amplitude (+6 dB) ("Boost"), or removed completely ("Cut"). The reason for including the "Cut" option in a bass module are explained in this thread.

2) The Detune knob sets a constant 'beat frequency' between the two oscillators. This means that the phasing sound doesn't speed up as the pitch increases. Great for emulating a certain classic bass pedal synth from the 1970s.

It's available in the store now.

There is a free preset pack which includes those classic "Bass", "Tuba" and "Beef" sounds of a certain classic bass pedal synth from the 1970s.

Its introductory price is $2 and owners of the Ultimate Collection will have it added to their library automatically for free.
As ever, there is a 28 day demo period available, so please take the time to "try before you buy".

A comprehensive user guide is available.

Oh, and there's this (YouTube link to promo video).

Re: Bully Beef Bass Oscillators

Post by utdgrant »

Bully Beef has been updated to Version 1.1
BullyBeefv1.1InF1Car.jpg
BullyBeefv1.1InF1Car.jpg (337.88 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
It now features a Sync Input, Phase Offset knob and Osc 2 Polarity switch.
FrontPanelVersion1.1.jpg
FrontPanelVersion1.1.jpg (81.33 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
SyncPhaseWaveSection.jpg
SyncPhaseWaveSection.jpg (17.26 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
The User Guide and preset pack have both been updated to show off the new capabilities.

The module should download and install automatically, the next time you sync your VM library to the CA servers.

Re: Bully Beef Bass Oscillators

Post by Centripidity »

I bought this a little while ago but hadn't got around to using it. I'm releasing a new module tonight and putting together a simple demo video. I needed an oscillator to use and so, for variety, I grabbed the Bully Beef rather than once again using the stock CA oscillator.

Wow, this thing sounds fantastic, not just as a bass sound. Well done, I love it.

Return to “Dome Music Technologies”