wow, comparing it to my JP6 now , well done

Mercury-6, a virtual synthesizer instrument that emulates and expands on the renowned Jupiter-6.
Flux302

wow, comparing it to my JP6 now , well done

Post by Flux302 »

I have been going through section by section and A/B comparing ... wow this is a great job. I'd say the differences are small enough that I could chalk them up as no more different than 2 JP6 side by side.
the way it breaks up at full levels is very similar to my unit (mine might be a tad more touchy).
The envelope shapes feel really accurate which is always something I find gets lost on VSTS. oscillators sound good. the cross mod sounds dead on (up until full level as Mercury 6 stops about 85% of where my JP6 goes to.) but all those spots it does make, are dead accurate sounding.

The filter is extremely close. my JP6 has a bit more powerful resonance but again this would be different between units and calibration.

One small thing I think would be really cool that the JP6 does that Mercury doesn't do. JP6 tends to drift out of tune over time. you can get very close to those out of tune places using the drift knob,,, but man if it did it over time (Like increased the drift value 1% every other minute or so) you would find those happy accident detuning places that I do on the jp6... overall just wanted to say GREAT job. this is a steal. this costs roughly 1/102nd of what my JP6 cost lol
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: wow, comparing it to my JP6 now , well done

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Thanks for your kind words.

Greg

Return to “Mercury-6 Synthesizer”