Gate Length

ColinP

Re: Gate Length

Post by ColinP »

Thanks for the encouragement Grant although someone might beat me to the type of EG I'm thinking of as I have a long development pipeline.

That's slightly quirky behaviour from the Big Rat. I'm too busy to check it or its source code out to see but am wondering how you get both AD and ASR behaviour out of it. If it sustains when the gate is still high when the attack phase completes then I would have thought the OR'ed feedback loop would lock it in sustain phase. Or does the square output always drop at the end of the attack even if the gate is held high?
utdgrant

Re: Gate Length

Post by utdgrant »

ColinP wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 1:34 pm That's slightly quirky behaviour from the Big Rat. I'm too busy to check it or its source code out to see but am wondering how you get both AD and ASR behaviour out of it. If it sustains when the gate is still high when the attack phase completes then I would have thought the OR'ed feedback loop would lock it in sustain phase. Or does the square output always drop at the end of the attack even if the gate is held high?
Big Rat operates as a repeating AD envelope under normal circumstances. It will operate as an ASR when the Rise Curve control is fully clockwise. Under these circumstances, it WILL lock in the Sustain state when the loopback cable is connected. If the Fall Curve control is fully clockwise, it won't repeat after the Release phase has completed, even if the gate signal is still high.

It's not the most intuitive module, as I was trying to cram as much functionality and flexibility as possible into a handful of controls. Fortunately, the manual is quite comprehensive for those who want to plumb its depths.

Return to “Module Designer”