SimpleSeq+

dayvyg

SimpleSeq+

Post by dayvyg »

Is it just me or is there something amiss when trying to select an A0 using the 2V range with Quant enabled. It goes from G#0 to A#0. I can't find an A0 in between. :?:

Thanks.
d.
terrymcg

Re: SimpleSeq+

Post by terrymcg »

dayvyg wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:01 am Is it just me or is there something amiss when trying to select an A0 using the 2V range with Quant enabled. It goes from G#0 to A#0. I can't find an A0 in between. :?:
It's not just you, it's a bug. Turns out there are similar issues with the 1 and 5V quantized ranges too.

Thanks for pointing it out. There's always room for one more on the BCI Beta Team if you're so inclined. ;)

I have a fix, and will get it released asap.

Cheers,
--
Terry McG
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

Great, thanks for addressing that so quickly. You can add me to the beta team. I'm always willing to kick some tires. ;)

Cheers.
d.
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

Hmmm..., when you hit play it seems to skip the first step when using Gate Nouveau 64 sequencer as the clock. The steps after play normally. If I use CV Sequencer from Monkey Audio Business instead of SimpleSeq+ then it plays fine.

I just tried Playertron's Fractional Sequencer and got the same result. SimpleSeq+ skips the first step.

PPQN is set to 1 on SimpleSeq+.
terrymcg

Post by terrymcg »

dayvyg wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:20 am Hmmm..., when you hit play it seems to skip the first step when using Gate Nouveau 64 sequencer as the clock. The steps after play normally. If I use CV Sequencer from Monkey Audio Business instead of SimpleSeq+ then it plays fine.

I just tried Playertron's Fractional Sequencer and got the same result. SimpleSeq+ skips the first step.

As it stands, the module initializes with step one selected, so its value is "live" before the first clock pulse.

For it to do otherwise will require some thought.

Cheers,
--
Terry McG
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

dayvyg wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:20 am Hmmm..., when you hit play it seems to skip the first step when using Gate Nouveau 64 sequencer as the clock. The steps after play normally. If I use CV Sequencer from Monkey Audio Business instead of SimpleSeq+ then it plays fine.

I'm curious about your combination of SimpleSeq+ and a secondary sequencer. When I clock SS+ in my usual way, with a master clock source that can be reset (Macaulay's Clock:Gen) and the play button triggering both resets, I get the desired result - the first step plays correctly, as soon as I hit 'play', no matter what step SS+ was last sitting on.

What does your patch look like?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 5.46.20 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 5.46.20 PM.png (310.2 KiB) Viewed 3786 times
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

Sure, here you go. This is just a simple example of how I'm using it. Gate Nouveau 64 sends gate signals out the track outputs. I have this set up with a gate to trigger converter but I get the same result without it. It skips the first step in SimpleSeq+ but plays fine after that. I've tried using both the gate to envelope out from Gate Nouveau and the Trigger out to envelope from SimpleSeq+. It makes no difference.

I normally have a transport module reset both the modules when I hit play but I just did it manually for this test.

I tested this setup with the Octagon sequencer, CV Sequencer (MAB) and Fractional Sequencer (Playertron) and it works perfectly.
Attachments
SimpleSeq2.png
SimpleSeq2.png (730.42 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
SimpleSeq1.png
SimpleSeq1.png (442.72 KiB) Viewed 3743 times
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

You have nothing patched into the Reset of SS+. I believe that SS+ considers Step 1 already played unless a Reset accompanies the first clock pulse that it receives.
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

Yeah, I've tried that. I've tried both the transport play and stop connected to reset on SimpleSeq+. Didn't make a difference.
dayvyg

Post by dayvyg »

I've found a way to make it work with Gate Nouveau. If I enable step 1 on another track and put it through a gate to trigger converter and then use that to reset SimpleSeq+, it will play start from the beginning. Yay!
Attachments
SS3.png
SS3.png (316.75 KiB) Viewed 3731 times

Return to “Black Cloud Industries”