Crash Adding Extra Skins

Centripidity

Crash Adding Extra Skins

Post by Centripidity »

I'm finding that whenever I try to add more than one extra skin to a module VMD crashes as soon as I try to select the second skin. I can add and select a skin type, then a specific skin. I can then add and select a second skin type but the moment I click on the drop-down menu to select a second specific skin VMD crashes and disappears without warning.

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour. I'm running VMD on an Intel iMac.
Centripidity

Re: Crash Adding Extra Skins

Post by Centripidity »

So, has no-one else encountered this?

I was hoping to use it to load skins so that I didn't have to keep hidden controls with the skins I want to use. No matter what I do, I can't load a second extra skin without an immediate crash.
honki-bobo

Post by honki-bobo »

I have added multiple button skins to my SubSequence module to create multi-state buttons without any problems. I'm on Windows 10 using VMD 2.7.0.

Which VMD version do you use?

Maybe you should contact Cherry Audio support.
Monkey Business Audio
Modules - Music - Twitter - YouTube
Centripidity

Post by Centripidity »

honki-bobo wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:24 pm I have added multiple button skins to my SubSequence module to create multi-state buttons without any problems. I'm on Windows 10 using VMD 2.7.0.

Which VMD version do you use?

Maybe you should contact Cherry Audio support.
I’m using the latest VMD version but on Mac, Big Sur.

Any other Mac users who could test this?
Centripidity

Post by Centripidity »

I just tried it on a different Mac, an M1 Air running Monterey and got the same result.

Time to contact support.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Probably time to contact support, but let me ask exactly what you mean by "skin." Are you talking about, say, control skins, or about the skin for the entire module? If the former, that should work fine, as, like Martin, I use it in my multi-state buttons with no problems. If the latter, I seem to recall seeing some thread a long time ago that mentioned problems with loading module skins.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
Centripidity

Post by Centripidity »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:16 am Probably time to contact support, but let me ask exactly what you mean by "skin." Are you talking about, say, control skins, or about the skin for the entire module? If the former, that should work fine, as, like Martin, I use it in my multi-state buttons with no problems. If the latter, I seem to recall seeing some thread a long time ago that mentioned problems with loading module skins.

Reid
I'm talking about control skins.

You can see a screen capture of the crash here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWm_kBQgdXI
terrymcg

Post by terrymcg »

Centripidity wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:00 pm You can see a screen capture of the crash here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWm_kBQgdXI
Not that it helps, but what you're doing in that video clip works fine for me under Windows 10 (VMD 2.7.0).

Cheers,
--
Terry McG
Centripidity

Post by Centripidity »

terrymcg wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:37 pm
Centripidity wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:00 pm You can see a screen capture of the crash here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWm_kBQgdXI
Not that it helps, but what you're doing in that video clip works fine for me under Windows 10 (VMD 2.7.0).

Cheers,
--
Terry McG
Yeah, it seems to be just a Mac problem. I've logged it as a bug and CA have been able to reproduce it.

Return to “Module Designer”