Every time I try to open this one...

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
theWholeSandwich

Every time I try to open this one...

Post by theWholeSandwich »

VM crashes IMMEDIATLY

does anyone know what is up?
I deleted the cache files and module files already in case they were corrupted.
Attachments
Svenbjorn's Crack Habit.voltagepreset
(413.31 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Aarnville

Re: Every time I try to open this one...

Post by Aarnville »

For me it opens without crashing but complains about the VSTs because I don't own them. There are also a couple of the modules that I don't own.
Check the VM log file - location is in the settings menu.

The three VSTs are:
C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\BPB Cassette Drums\Cassette 909\VST64\Cassette 909.dll
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\BUSTERse.vst3\Contents\x86_64-win\BUSTERse.vst3
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Tape MELLO-FI.vst3

Try temporarily moving them out of the VST folders to see if they are causing the problem.
theWholeSandwich

Thanks! I think having to recall VSTs in more than one location is bad...
Aarnville

Post by Aarnville »

theWholeSandwich wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:03 pm Thanks! I think having to recall VSTs in more than one location is bad...
The VST3 guidelines have attempted to fix the location of all VST3 files to (assuming Windows):
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

VST2 files can be all over the place. The location isn't causing your problem though.

Did you look in the VM log file? It might tell you what it was loading when it crashed.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

theWholeSandwich wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:03 pm Thanks! I think having to recall VSTs in more than one location is bad...
Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean recalling several VSTs from more than one location on your computer or recalling one VST to several locations in your patch?

If you mean the latter, I often have several instances of the same plug-in in a single patch without issues.

By the way, I have MELLO-FI and it loaded just fine. With your patch I have three empty plug-in hosts. Not sure if they are all intended to be the same. If they are and each time you have a crash when you use multiple instances of the same plug-in, that could indicate an issue with the plug-in.

VM's Host and Mini-Host do have issues with some specific plug-ins as has been mentioned in the forum. For example, they don't do 32-bit plug-ins.
theWholeSandwich

It is Buster SSL, Tal Reverb and Ms-20 Arturia filter. I finally got it working by doing what you said.

here is the song so far

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songIn ... D=14545067

I have VSTs scattered about my computer program files

Return to “Voltage Modular”