No Audio Output

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
dodonnell

No Audio Output

Post by dodonnell »

Help. I Just installed the voltage modular and polymode instrument. No sound output. MIDI input led blinks, using qwerty or MIDI board, but no audio. Installed on three computers. Dell 7280, Microsoft Surface 3, and Dell E6420. All have Win 10. Other programs send audio.
huggermugger

Re: No Audio Output

Post by huggermugger »

Did you check their audio output settings?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 4.46.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 4.46.15 PM.png (187.28 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
dodonnell

Post by dodonnell »

Yes. Audio device type is Windows Audio. Output is speakers When I press "test", a tone is heard. When I use the keyboard, the MIDI led flashes, but no audio.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

If the Test button produces the steady test tone, you should hear audio from your VM presets if the sound producing modules are feeding audio to VM's audio channels. Do you have the sound producing modules properly connected to VM's L/R Outputs (or just the L Output)? Is the volume knob up high enough so the L/R LED main out meters light up to show there's audio?

If the MIDI LED blinks, that tells us that VM is receiving MIDI data. Do you have MIDI cables connected properly within VM to send the midi data to your sound producing VM modules?
Attachments
Polymode.png
Polymode.png (948.25 KiB) Viewed 1021 times
dodonnell

Post by dodonnell »

That was the problem. I wasn't thinking in terms of "patch cords". Audio output achieved.

thank you

Duane
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Glad you got it working!!

Return to “Voltage Modular”