New feature request idea that I have

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
SA2K

New feature request idea that I have

Post by SA2K »

A really useful idea for Voltage Modular that I really think I could use now is Zoom "per module" and also a good focus tool like in Dreamsynth. It would be so useful to do the zoom tool per module instead of on the whole screen only. Or region based and per module through a seperate settings screen for the regions.
SA2K

Re: New feature request idea that I have

Post by SA2K »

Also for the modules it would be real useful actually to allow you to have a simple mode and deep mode and even let you maybe customize what parameters and switches/knobs/faders/buttons/numbers etc are shown in both deep mode and custom mode. This would allow easier access to large Voltage Modular patch projects when you really want more than a screen full of modules when used in conjunction with the shrink/zoom function. I just took a peak at Voltage for about 20 minutes and got the ideas. I figure the ideas may have already been on the version plan list but it would be great to have the ideas shared with the developers.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Your "Deep Mode" idea would require heavy infrastructure support from the module developers, not just CA.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
SA2K

Post by SA2K »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:59 am Your "Deep Mode" idea would require heavy infrastructure support from the module developers, not just CA.

Reid
Understood. I could at least really use a per module zoom so select modules could be smaller or bigger than standard instead of the way standard zoom works.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

SA2K wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:10 am It would be so useful to do the zoom tool per module instead of on the whole screen only.
SA2K wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:51 pm I could at least really use a per module zoom so select modules could be smaller or bigger than standard instead of the way standard zoom works.
Steve W wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:01 pm . . . it would be nice also to have a button on each module that would expand and contract the module. This way modules not being worked on could be small and modules being worked on could be large while being tweaked.
martb

Post by martb »

I think one of the best things about the CherryAudio modules is the UI. They are easy to read and interact with at standard zoom level, and my eyesight isn't particularly great.
The issue is with some of the third-party modules, some of which have tiny controls and/or text.
I like the idea of individual zoom for modules though, but I'm not sure how the cabling would be handled.
SA2K

Post by SA2K »

martb wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:19 am I think one of the best things about the CherryAudio modules is the UI. They are easy to read and interact with at standard zoom level, and my eyesight isn't particularly great.
The issue is with some of the third-party modules, some of which have tiny controls and/or text.
I like the idea of individual zoom for modules though, but I'm not sure how the cabling would be handled.
I am excited about the idea of individual zoom and recommend you buy glasses or something. I just got my dad to get me a new pair because I had to shift my monitor back far. The idea of varying module sizes really can help with patching alot.
SA2K

Post by SA2K »

SA2K wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:40 pm
martb wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:19 am I think one of the best things about the CherryAudio modules is the UI. They are easy to read and interact with at standard zoom level, and my eyesight isn't particularly great.
I am excited about the idea of individual zoom and recommend you buy glasses or something. I just got my dad to get me a new pair because I had to shift my monitor back far. The idea of varying module sizes really can help with patching alot.
Maybe a Cherry Audio op can reply to this. I think that I need to clarify to the Cherry Audio ops about how you could allow shrinking and zooming of individual modules. You could do it by row with one row above that is small by just "Folding" it as one option or simply shrinking by percentages" When I said zoom I meant shrink actually. You could make a new face for individual rows that you finish that just has the placeholder if necessary. Why I want that feature is because as you're completing a rack arrangement it can be nice to just have a chance to enfold the regions you're not working on.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion!

Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”