midi mono doesnt show wich preset has been choosen after V.M. restart

ysvry

midi mono doesnt show wich preset has been choosen after V.M. restart

Post by ysvry »

hi midi mono doesnt show wich preset has been choosen after a V.M. restart it shows default when i come back to a patch the name field stays default and i dont see what preset was used . Could makeit so that the name also saved with the patch. a work around is to choose a new preset and then ctrl z tried that and that doesnt work either , or make the choosen button light up
Waverley Instruments

Re: midi mono doesnt show wich preset has been choosen after V.M. restart

Post by Waverley Instruments »

Thanks for the feedback - we'll have a think about this.

Slight complication is that you could select a preset, and then edit the module beyond all recognition. It is now no longer that preset, right?

But agreed, the display showing "Default" is not ideal. We'll have a think...
Waverley Instruments

Howdy! MIDIMONO has had a little update which might be of interest. Preset labels in MIDIMONO v1.3 are now editable and will be saved with the module settings. Module Presets saved prior to MIDIMONO v1.3, or empty labels will be replaced with default placeholders MIDIMONO / Module Preset. Some improvements to MIDI CC parameter control: expression curve and response is smoother and better suited for volume type swells. Overall response to MIDI CC changes improved.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Thanks for the update. I have been thinking of asking for some standard CCs (such as CC64: Hold) and a switch to multiply the envelope times (x2, x4, x8). I have been using the built-in Auldelay variant to extend sounds, but with multi-timbral presets, hold and longer envelop times would be better.

Don't get me wrong, the MIDIMONO Fun Bundle offers a whole lot of performance fun as is. But maybe you can put those on the list features to be considered?

Thanks.
Waverley Instruments

Steve W wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:47 amhold and longer envelop times would be better / maybe you can put those on the list features to be considered?
Thanks Steve, sure thing - added to the TO DOs :)

Good chance these will make it into v1.4 - don't have an exact date for that planned just now, but hopefully you won't have to wait too long. To be honest, it's pretty embarrassing sustain / CC64 wasn't supported from v1.0 :oops:

Cheers, -Rob @ WI
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

I just tested CC64 [Hold/Sustain] in v. 1.4. It works!!! :-) THANKS!!
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Oh!! I see that you also increased the envelope times.
Hello! News on a couple of updates: MIDIMONO v1.4 adds support for MIDI CC #64 (sustain / hold), envelope times extended to 60 seconds (previously 30) and max delay time is now increased from 2 to 8 seconds. Envelopes in MIDIMOD4 are also up to the minute 🙂
Nice!!!!!! :-)
Waverley Instruments

Glad you like the update! Sorry it wasn't implemented along the lines of X2, X4 etc., but the quickest / easiest compromise was just to push them out to 60 seconds. Also the delay now almost gets into mini looper territory :D

Lots of stuff / new modules in the works that will hopefully be of interest too ;) -Rob

Return to “Waverley Instruments”