since update 2.07 ive had all modules disapear??

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
ysvry

since update 2.07 ive had all modules disapear??

Post by ysvry »

I updated to the newest pc version 2.07 now every time I open voltage modular all modules are gonne and it starts downloading them a new whats up with that ? I regret updating. when i try an old version it says u.i. incompatible with current version? Can this be fixed ! Why is the program deleting all modules I payed hudereds of dollars and get this bs who is deleting my modules and why ?
Steve W

Re: since update 2.07 ive had all modules disapear??

Post by Steve W »

ysvry wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:38 pm I updated to the newest pc version 2.07 now every time I open voltage modular all modules are gonne and it starts downloading them a new whats up with that ? I regret updating. when i try an old version it says ui incompatible U. I.can this be fixed ! Why is the program deleting all modules I payed hudereds of dollars and get this bs who is deleting my modules and why ?
Clearly you are frustrated; that comes across very clearly. But do you have to be rude so that all of us who read your post are subjected to your rage?

I AM SICK OF PEOPLE BEING SO OBNOXIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity, have you contacted support on this issue?

Just so you know, others have reported issues with new versions of CA software without being obnoxious and rude. Its like you assume that the update was intentionally done to ruin your entire life.

Sorry--sometimes rants are contagious and I just wanted to vent at the intentionally rude attempt to ruin my day!!! :lol:
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

It's well worth it to update to version 2.7.0, and there's no general problem with the update that would cause modules to disappear.

Please submit a support ticket so that we can figure out what's going on: https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/conversation/new

One thing - make sure your other Cherry Audio synths are also updated.

Greg
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Just for information, when I upgraded to the latest I had to redownload every module I own (quite a lot) for both VM and VMD. Took a while.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
ysvry

Post by ysvry »

explain why asking for something to work you paid for is obnoxious , btw after 3 times redownloading it seems to work ok now but its a pain in the obnoxious butt.i now get a vague pop up asking me if i want to update some module ? I cant see wich one and after all these deleting of perfectly working modules i decline, it might be an module i've never used so why take the risk?
also the finding back of older work projects is a trouble isnt there a sort on date ? I love cherry audio productsbut some aspects can beimproved and showing such prima donna attitude wont help in solving the issues
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

ysvry wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:22 pm explain why asking for something to work . . . is obnoxious . . .
ysvry wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:38 pm . . . whats up with that ? I regret updating . . . . I payed hudereds of dollars and get this bs who is deleting my modules and why ?
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

ysvry wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:22 pm also the finding back of older work projects is a trouble isnt there a sort on date ?
If you were to have a polite feature request for the preset browser to show more than the preset name (such as the creation date among other file details), I would most likely agree.
ysvry wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:22 pm . . . some aspects can beimproved . . . .
I agree.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

When people use the modules, they sometimes find bugs or ask for improvements. The module developers fix the problem or add the feature, and then Voltage Modular asks if you want to update. So, if you run into a bug, make sure you install the update in case it's already been fixed.

If you don't want to be asked about updates, you can change that setting in Voltage Modular's Account settings.

Greg
ysvry

Post by ysvry »

i bought new modules and they dont show up in the patch the name is in the list with a yellow point behind them but when i try dragging them into the patch area they wont drop when i release the mouse it stays empty. when i read the help instructions i read i have to make sure im running the latest verion but no link there to see whats the latest version I just updated last week to the latest version so doubt that is the problem. I then deleted the cache and as last option it says i have to delete all modules again ? is this necceserry evry time you buy a new module? The thing with updates is you have to inform whats being improved, if it aint broke donnt fix it is my adagio. For example Ive had lots of forced updates on steam that broke perfectly working games, so yes im hestitant with getting latest updates for me thats just common sence.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

But if somebody fixes a bug, the way you get it is through an update.

No, you shouldn't have to delete your cache every time. New modules do need to process and download. Sometimes something gets stuck for various reasons. Make sure you've got a good internet connection, and that no firewall is blocking Voltage Modular's access to the Internet, of course. If you find that you are having this problem a lot, please contact tech. support directly here: Contact Cherry Audio Support.

Greg

Return to “Voltage Modular”