Voltage Modular Feature Requests

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
PoohBear

Re: Voltage Modular Feature Requests

Post by PoohBear »

GusGranite wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:51 am
PoohBear wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:34 pm Merge patches.

Cabinets remember remotes.
I caught your request for inserting modules where the cursor is in your latest video. Adding it to the list.
Thank you :D
ChR_is

Post by ChR_is »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:50 am Here's a big one for me: fix the SVG render code in VM and VMD so that it renders files from programs other than Illustrator correctly, like nearly every other renderer does. I've been tearing my hair, and wasting inordinate amounts of time trying to do simple modifications of existing, working control art using Inkscape, to no avail. I've even taken to hand editing the SVG files to the point where there are only trivial differences, and they still won't correctly render. If you know where to look in my released modules (I ain't'a saying where ;) ), you can even see some of what I'm talking about.

Reid
i use affinity designer and have 0 issues. i also used inkscape in the beginning and had some minor issues here and there, but i think they were my own fault.
make sure to render text/fonts as curves, set the svg size to the correct size for the module, have 300dpi for rendering non-curve stuff (and have as few non-curve elements as possible or even better have none) and you should be set.
also make sure to only use features supported by standard svg. stuff like gradients and shadows are troublesome.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Yeah, I kind of think gradients are the thing biting me. Still, I only have the same gradients as were already in the control, just shifted in hue. At least, that's the latest problem I've run across. Drawing original controls, even with no gradients in Inkscape usually results in objects displaying with confused z-values, no matter how I arrange them. The truly annoying thing is that I can open them up fine in, say, MS Explorer's handlers (just double-click on them). It's only VM and VMD that get them wrong.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
terrymcg

Post by terrymcg »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:50 am Here's a big one for me: fix the SVG render code in VM and VMD so that it renders files from programs other than Illustrator correctly, like nearly every other renderer does. I've been tearing my hair, and wasting inordinate amounts of time trying to do simple modifications of existing, working control art using Inkscape, to no avail.
This, please. I'm using CorelDraw, and the curved buttons for ERings were an absolute nightmare to get correct.

I'm with you on the cables for pictures thing too... having to trash my debug setups in VMD just to get a cable (and dot) free image is a drag.

Cheers,
--
Terry McG
BetterAngels

Post by BetterAngels »

I'm not sure if this has been talked about before, but one point of friction for me is that whenever I initialize VM in Ableton on Windows 10, the preferred patch cable color, patch cable transparency and window zoom have not been saved.

This might just be a software issue of some kind on my end, but having this fixed would get a big thumbs up from me.
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

BetterAngels wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:15 am I'm not sure if this has been talked about before, but one point of friction for me is that whenever I initialize VM in Ableton on Windows 10, the preferred patch cable color, patch cable transparency and window zoom have not been saved.

This might just be a software issue of some kind on my end, but having this fixed would get a big thumbs up from me.
Added
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

basa333 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:28 am Hi,
I noticed that when I turn on the filter on manufacturer and sometimes at other times, the selection of modules when scrolling returns to the beginning by itself, which sometimes I don't want when browsing for a longer time. Can it be turned off somewhere? if not, I would like to remove this feature
Oh, this one bugs the bazoogaz out of me! Adding
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

Adding - Filter library by module bundles (such as Nucleus) etc. Would be great way to make patches for bundle owners and spread the love etc.

Courtesy of @agentslimepunk
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

I have withdrawn my friendly suggestion.
Last edited by Steve W on Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

I have removed my suggestion and the rationale for it.
Last edited by Steve W on Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Voltage Modular”