Voltage Modular Feature Requests

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
GusGranite

Re: Voltage Modular Feature Requests

Post by GusGranite »

From Facebook:

Things i wish you could do in VM : Duplicate a module and have it instantly mirror the original (like a control link but on a module to module basis).

Why? Stuff like turning mono filters etc into 'stereo pairs', stacking oscillator modules...

Also Octagon : copy/paste 1-8 steps to 9-16 and back. Its almost perfect except in this regard

If anyone has any solutions im all ears!

——————————————————

Something VM sorely lacks is the ability to copy/paste settings from one module to another (identical). The closest they get is saving Module Presets, which is useful, but not as convenient.

——————————————————

Added to OP list
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

Steve W wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:04 pm The ability to revert and lock builds of modules on a module by module basis so that if a later build of a module doesn't work VMers can use presets that previously worked.

Background: Several days ago I ran into a problem that some multi-channel, multi-timbre patches no longer worked. It seemed that one module was changed so it only responds to midi channel 1. Over the span of several days (don't ask how many hours), I was able to make it work with an older version of a companion module.

However, at present VMers do not have the ability to say no to updates on a module by module basis. Either we say yes to all updates or no to all updates.

I would rather make music than spend more than an hour or two debugging a new build of a module that used to work. With the current issue, it was way more than a couple of hours (estimated 15-20 hours, including documenting the problem with video captures, uninstalling VM 2.7.0, installing VM 2.5.5, and then reinstalling 2.7.0 to try to track down the source of the problem).

I now have the builds set up so that a series of patches work, but I would like to keep them working by locking in the builds for 2 modules and still have the ability to update all my other other modules.

And no, I do not want to spend even more time to write up the details of the problem so others can try to guess what the issue might be. Its nice that developers want to enhance existing modules for new users, but there should be a way that we don't have to totally redesign patches that used to work before the changes.
Added to list
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

I would like to see a 'Sort by module width' option in the library. For when space is tight.
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

Added: Include bundle in the ‘Hide Products I Own’ if you own all the modules in the bundle (without actually buying the bundle).
ttop

Post by ttop »

In pretty much all software environments I work with, the scroll wheel of the mouse is used to zoom in and out and the middle mouse button is used to move on the surface. Please consider adapting this in VM as it is the standard in software environments. Maybe we can have this as an option in the settings menu?
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

The problem with making that the standard is that most people don't have three-button mice.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
ttop

Post by ttop »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:13 pm The problem with making that the standard is that most people don't have three-button mice.

Reid
It does not have to be standard but it would be very nice to have it as an alternative option.
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

ttop wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:56 am
UrbanCyborg wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:13 pm The problem with making that the standard is that most people don't have three-button mice.

Reid
It does not have to be standard but it would be very nice to have it as an alternative option.
Added
GusGranite

Post by GusGranite »

I would like to see a 'Recently used' filter in the library.
SA2K

Post by SA2K »

Silly me just noticed this feature request list. Great feature list. I second the Serge Buchla feature addition and the collapsible module feature and have another major feature request - *iLok or eLicenser support* to eliminate the necessity to login to activate your already activated modules & Cherry instruments/effects when you get a new computer or reinstall your OS. OS backups aren't safe enough for the type of investment made in Cherry products. I am not looking forward to the day companies that require online registration or logins go under and I spent tons on Cherry modules & instruments/effects so I really hope the userbase can persuade Cherry Audio to adopt some sort of USB authenticator even if prices have to go up.

Return to “Voltage Modular”