P.moon Stepper Revisions

seal58

P.moon Stepper Revisions

Post by seal58 »

During some preset tests I found some bugs myself and I wonder, that no user of this module reported these faults until now. So if somebody finds any further problem with one of our products, please feel free to report this to P.moon.

Stepper #28 has just been released to fix these issues:
- There is a case, that 'total steps' can be equal to or lower than 'steps'.
- When a saved preset is reloaded, STEPPER's former 'steps' and 'total steps' values are replaced by '8'.

This new revision will not affect function of existing presets.

Have fun.

Roland
Steve W

Re: P.moon Stepper Revisions

Post by Steve W »

seal58 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:37 pm During some preset tests I found some bugs myself and I wonder, that no user of this module reported these faults until now. So if somebody finds any further problem with one of our products, please feel free to report this to P.moon.
Thanks for the update and an apology for not reporting it. The Sequencer Kit was one of my first Third-Party Bundle purchases because I wanted to use it to create a custom sequencer. I'll have to check the date of my test patches, but it might have been two years ago. I was trying to sort out what was going on with the modules, but since I was relatively new to using Voltage Modular I thought maybe I was doing something wrong.

I will dig out the old patches I did to double check my memory, but what you describe sounds like the same issue I had. As I recall, when I tried to chain modules, I just couldn't get the step numbers to work out right.

When I get a chance, I will check to see if I can get them to work like I wanted two-years ago with the update. They are on an older PC. I will let you know.

EDIT: In fact, it was about 27 months ago that I branched out to purchase some Third-Party Modules. I was struggling to daisy chain Stepper modules, to get the total step count to be accurate, and to make sense of how I could use the kit to create a complex set of sequences and subsequences. My older PC has Stepper 26, not sure which one I had in 2020. But I will update the module on my current PC and will try starting from scratch rather than trying to tweak my old test patches.

Again, I had just started using Voltage Module 2 months before and thought I must have been doing something wrong or nor understanding how it was supposed to work. I have since been more vocal in the forum.
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Hello Steve,

thanks for your message. I'm always glad to get some feedback from P.moon users. Unfortunately I did not work in VM very often and rarely with my own modules during last months. But at the moment there's something going on. A new module will come soon. I'm sure, you will like it.

Best Regards
Roland
seal58

Post by seal58 »

Build #29 for P.moon Stepper is released.

Many common sequencers go to step 1 when they get reset, while PM Stepper goes to step 0, an inactiv state. Now user can preselect Stepper's reset behavior with a small slide switch at reset input jack.

Default is still jump to step 0. So existing user presets will function as before.
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Nice to have this option. Thanks.
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

seal58 wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:09 am Build #29 for P.moon Stepper is released.

Many common sequencers go to step 1 when they get reset, while PM Stepper goes to step 0, an inactiv state. Now user can preselect Stepper's reset behavior with a small slide switch at reset input jack.

Default is still jump to step 0. So existing user presets will function as before.
Nice! I wish all sequencing modules in VM had this feature.
seal58

Post by seal58 »

I thank you both for that positive feedback. :)

Return to “P.moon”