Request: Sample and Hold Module

Miniverse is a painstaking virtual emulation of the granddaddy of all portable synthesizers.
Steve W

Re: Request: Sample and Hold Module

Post by Steve W »

Correct. Generally, when I do stuff with Instruments hosted in VM controlled by midi data, its all based on midi note numbers (therefore, not microtonal without doing weird routing, controls, crazy scala tunings in the hosted plug-in, etc.).
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

I had a lot of fun playing with your variation, controlling Polymode via the Mini Plug-In Host.

I added a +ve DC Source to the PITCH input on the CV to MIDI module so that the keys chosen would be centred around a higher note than C2. This was particularly important when using high Scale values.

Adding a touch of Glide created chromatic clusters of notes, like thumping your fist on a piano keyboard. Very avant-garde!

Post by Steve W »

Nice. Glad you are having fun with the hosted plug-in variation. I should mention that I also had in mind using the MiniVerse Collection (modules), but using a hosted plug-in is quick and lets me easily play with automated parameter modulations. In the one I posted (image), the DC Source is mapped to the mod wheel on my keyboard (midi learned) which as you saw is routed through the host to the Contour Amount (manual timbre control). Some parameters work better than others and the host modules are fairly easy to use to test parameters.

My exploratory head space is back in the early/mid 70s thanks to your version of the 1125 S&H Box! :-)
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

This thread reminded me of a track I recorded a couple of years ago on the Arturia Synthi-V. Synthi-V includes a S&H module, which was a popular upgrade that people would add to their VCS3 or Synthi-A. I decided to use the S&H rather than the KS sequencer to decide the note values of the sequences / arpeggios.

Overall, I'm not that happy with the track as a whole, but there are certain points within it where everything comes together quite nicely.

Under the Dome - A Saturday in Putney (YouTube video link)

Return to “Miniverse Synthesizer”