Keyboard focus issues with GX-80 in Logic on M1 Mac and Ventura 13.0.1

GX-80 is Cherry Audio's visionary flagship synthesizer that combines the unparalleled sound and features of the fabled GX-1 "Dream Machine"and its renowned descendant the CS-80 to create a powerhouse hybrid.
midinotes

Keyboard focus issues with GX-80 in Logic on M1 Mac and Ventura 13.0.1

Post by midinotes »

Not sure if it's just me but just purchased GX-80 and I am having problems when trying to enter text in any of the dialogs.
It appears the focus remain on my DAW (Logic Pro X) and when I type, instead it triggers the keyboard shortcuts in Logic and not on the GX-80 plugin.
Consequently I am unable to save any of my patches - if I click SAVE and click in the text field, when I type the focus appears to be on Logic instead.

I am running Logic Pro X (latest version) on Mac OSX Ventura 13.0.1 on an iMac M1.

:-(

Hoping for advice

Simon
midinotes

Re: Keyboard focus issues with GX-80 in Logic on M1 Mac and Ventura 13.0.1

Post by midinotes »

Update: this problem appears not to be related directly to GX-80, as it ran fine on my laptop. Might be something to do with my Arturia Midi controller keyboard which has DAW control surface features. I noticed even opening Polymoog from Cherry Audio the same happens. I can use Tab to shift keyboard focus but I now get a blue outline in Logic Pro which I never had before! No idea how this came about and how to get rid of ... but any suggestions most welcome.

Simon

Return to “GX-80 Synthesizer”