Website Manual Issues

GX-80 is Cherry Audio's visionary flagship synthesizer that combines the unparalleled sound and features of the fabled GX-1 "Dream Machine"and its renowned descendant the CS-80 to create a powerhouse hybrid.
Steve W

Website Manual Issues

Post by Steve W »

https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... op-toolbar
https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... op-toolbar

The top link is from the bottom of the first page. It doesn't work.
The bottom link is from the table-of-contents links on the first page. It works.

Note: the difference is GX-80 [caps and hyphen] v. gx80 [lower case nohypen].

It looks like the gx80 folder is correct; a few other links to the GX-80 folder are also wrong.
(Note: I checked all but 2 or 3 of the table-of-content links; I only checked about 5 or 6 of the bottom-of-page links and gave up after a number of 404 errors. It couldn't hurt for someone to check them all for the benefit of consumers who use the bottom-of-page links.)
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Re: Website Manual Issues

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

Just a behind the scenes glitch that was fixed, as far as we know. The doc should be accessible from both the application ("?") and "User Guide" on the menu product page, linking to https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... ng-started

If there is some other broken links elsewhere, please let us know what page it's on, and make certain you're up to date on build 123 of GX-80.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

cherryaudio Robert wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:24 pm Just a behind the scenes glitch that was fixed, as far as we know. The doc should be accessible from both the application ("?") and "User Guide" on the menu product page, linking to https://docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-aud ... ng-started

If there is some other broken links elsewhere, please let us know what page it's on, and make certain you're up to date on build 123 of GX-80.
When I have more time, I will see what details I can get you. I am curious though, if you click on the link you gave me back in the reply and then click on the "Continue to Top Toolbar and Preset Browser" link, do you get a 404 error as I mentioned? I suppose it could be an error with my PC or web browser.

The link I get goes to: docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-audio/instruments/GX-80/top-toolbar and results in a 404 error on my PC.

Presuming the link you gave me is correct, the next page should go to docs.cherryaudio.com/cherry-audio/instruments/gx80/top-toolbar.
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

We will polish it up this week when everyone is back in the office. Thanks for pointing out where the bad links happen.
Robert
--
Cherry Audio
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

While you're at it, don't forget to update the downloadable version, too.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. The downloadable PDF is regenerated when we make changes to the doc on the site. But it is also a single document with no links.
Robert
--
Cherry Audio
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Should have been working, then. A couple of days ago I re-downloaded and checked the Sines PDF manual, and it wasn't in sync with the online HTML version. I'll recheck. Thanks.

Reid
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Sines User Guide in PDF should now be dated 11/27/2022

We finished fixing the last issues with the GX-80 doc and links, in and out of the doc section (and to the application itself), so all should be good now. Thanks for your patience!
Robert
--
Cherry Audio
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Great news. I just ran through the GX-80 webdoc using the continuation buttons. They work. :-) Thanks, Robert!!
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

The Sines PDF appears to back in synchrony. Thanks.

Reid

Return to “GX-80 Synthesizer”