owner discounts...

For issues related to the Cherry Audio store and the Sync product management application
wwjdx

owner discounts...

Post by wwjdx »

will there be any upgrade/discounts for people who already own MOST of the synths seperately, in the Synth Stack 3 but don't want to buy full synth stack to get a couple more synths?
not sure if that made sense
malcolmbarr

Re: owner discounts...

Post by malcolmbarr »

I think this question is really important. I love Cherry Audio's products and want to support what they are doing. But I can't help but feel the way the bundling of products has worked has not always been entirely fair to existing users.

For example, I bought voltage modular and some bundles of devices for it (including electro drums). I started buying the individual synths as they began to come out. Then I start to see special bundle pricing which incorporates the things I have already paid full price for, and a lot more. And I don't see that the pirce I originally paid for those devices is being netted off against the price of the bundle. In effect, new users are being offered a deal which offers more devices per buck than those who have been prepared to buy the devices seperately on release.

A critic might say, well you have had the use of those devices before the bundle was offered, and you could have waited for the bundle deals to come up. There is some truth in that. But I would like to be able to support Cherry Audio as they develop new toys, rather than have to wait for the preferential pricing in a bundle or black friday sale. That is both good for me (I get the device) and good for Cherry Audio (I get to tell everyone how good the device is, and CA get my money earlier to aid their development).

To feel good about this, i would always like a sense that the money I have spent on devices subsequently included in the bundles will get me a big discount on the bundle when it is available. I dont see this today. I would love to upgrade my synth stack 2 to 3, but what about the couple of synths I bought in the meantime?

By the way, if anybody wants to say this is too difficult to do, I have two words for you: Sugar Bytes. I have their complete package. When they bring out new stuff, I always get a preferential price to upgrade my package to include some or all of the new stuff. If they can do it......
malcolmbarr

Post by malcolmbarr »

Okay - I stand (somewhat) corrected. Having logged into my account, it appears that my synth stack 3 price has been discounted to reflect what i already own. I did not see this on a first pass having logged in, hence my post above.
wwjdx

Post by wwjdx »

I have not checked there in my account. Interesting. I will check that out. That might be the solution I am asking about.

I'm mostly wondering about per synth discounts... as I don't want ALL the synths in latest synth stack, just some. Might be deals here or there, but I can wait for individual sales on ones I don't really NEED, and am just mildly interested in.
Project

Post by Project »

My "upgrade" price for the Synth Stack 3 is nearly doubled since yesterday! It was about 58$ yesterday and now it's 101, what happened? I thought this was supposed to be a deal week.
PoorFellow

Post by PoorFellow »

Project wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:47 pm My "upgrade" price for the Synth Stack 3 is nearly doubled since yesterday! It was about 58$ yesterday and now it's 101, what happened? I thought this was supposed to be a deal week.
Sorry , can't help you with the upgrade price since the two CA synth plugins I have gives me zero discount as far as I can tell , but the Voltage Modular Holiday Season Spectacular runs from 11/23/22 until 1/2/23 , so a bit more than a week I'd say ! , ref. : https://cherryaudio.com/news/cherry-aud ... 2022-sales
I do not know if C.A. have been running any flash offers with low introductory prices including on upgrades but if so then that could explain your experience !
I were told the other day here in the forum to subscribe to the Cherry Audio emails to keep being informed but I simply can not be bothered today to go through all past emails to see if there are any clues in there as to your experience. I did look in the one email about the "Synth Stack 3 Now Available from Cherry Audio" but that didn't contain any information about any special introductory offers...
:arrow: Don't bother me ! :!:
jneun

Post by jneun »

I just bought Synth Stack 3 for an "upgrade" price of about $57. I was only missing GX-80 of the content in the Stack so for me the resulting discount just $2.
Or do I now have double licences for the synths I already owned?
I noticed that after my purchase I was sent to a download web page where GX-80 and a few, but not all, of the synths I already owned were listed. Why not all? Was my discounted Stack 3 price calculated from inaccurate information about which synths I already own?
Project

Post by Project »

I'm sorry a made a mistake writing my post, my upgrade price is higher than before but it's not double. Two days ago, as soon as the GX-80 come out, it was about 90$ now is 101$ so I don't understand why I have to pay about 11$ more a day later. I'm missing 5 synths from the bundle, specifically Dreamsynth, Lowdown, Elka-X, Sines, and of course GX-80, so it's still a good price I was just wondering why it went up
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Just for reference, I had all but the GX-80, and my upgrade price was about $29. If you really had all the things in the bundle, I'd expect your price to be about the same. I'm not sure what's happening here.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
jneun

Post by jneun »

I did a check and I own all the content in the Synth Stack except GX-80. However, Quadra I bought as part of Synth Stack 2 and MG-1 was free. Could that be the reason I don't get the full discount?

Return to “Cherry Audio Store”