Ping Pong Mode?

Stardust 201 is a hot-rodded interpretation of the classic Roland "Space Echo" tape echo effects of the 70s and 80s.
Jo Beatz

Ping Pong Mode?

Post by Jo Beatz »

Is there a ping pong mode in the device? I have not found anything online about this.
utdgrant

Re: Ping Pong Mode?

Post by utdgrant »

I think you'd have to chain two instances of Stardust and a stereo mixer in order to get ping-pong stereo effects. You'd also have to use an external feedback loop in order to get repeat effects which go through the whole ping-pong cycle.

Post by Jo Beatz »

Hi utdgrant,

yeah I've seen this somewhere here before with another delay but it seemed a bit complicated. I thought maybe the Stardust Delay had a ping pong mode but it's not that bad.

Cheers!
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

It seems like a number of manufacturers try to balance originalism with improvement. So, if the original didn't have a specific feature, they have to decide how to handle that. Sometimes it seems like a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario.

If the noise level of the original is included, some will complain. If new modes are included, some will complain.

Its a tough balancing act.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

Personally, I'll never complain about new modes, so long as they don't compromise the reproduction of the original characteristics.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76
Jo Beatz

Post by Jo Beatz »

Okay I also react rather negatively to noise. Mostly, the idea of decent is different for many developers than it is for me when it comes to noise levels. :mrgreen: But that's another topic.

Regards
Jo Beatz

Post by Jo Beatz »

UrbanCyborg wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:34 pm Personally, I'll never complain about new modes, so long as they don't compromise the reproduction of the original characteristics.

Reid
Yeah. Why not.

Return to “Stardust 201 Tape Echo”