List of 'Recent' and Favorites- Feature request

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
PoorFellow

List of 'Recent' and Favorites- Feature request

Post by PoorFellow »

In Windows when I have an app like e.g. VLC Player , then I can right-click app icon in start menu, that gives me a list of 'Recent' files played by VLC player. Then if I right-click each entry on list then I can choose to 'remove file from list'.
I'd like to suggest that a similar function be made in Voltage Modular so that when I right click an item on list of recent files also gets the opportunity to remove file from list , I do not mean delete file , that one already can, I mean just remove from the list of recent. Also I do not mean 'do not show in this list' which is another feature in Windows concerning most used apps.
Having the ability to remove files from list of recent in VM would be very useful and increase the usability and use value of the list of recent .
Most of the time I really appreciate list of recent but sometimes when browsing and trying many different presets then list gets spammed with useless references.
Yes, I know, I got favorites, but often I want to go back to something that were not marked as favorite , or what was that I tried the other day (?) and list of recent is very useful then, especially with the ability to edit the list by removing the definitely not interesting (or the 'I don't have the modules anyway so what's the use' references !) !

Also , I am not entirely sure of when it happens , but it appears as if I lost my list of Favorites ! ? ,
My suspicion is that that happens when / if I 'Clear Cache Files' so if that's it then I'd also like to suggest that one get the opportunity to click to keep Favorites when Clearing Cache - if that's when it happens , I dunno , or else maybe an auto-backup feature of Favorites , I really do not know when I lost my favorites , I just not that I'm not that happy about loosing the favorites.
I am aware that there exits a XML file Favorites-And-Recents , however it's in number reference rather than referring to 'names' themselves and also I couldn't be sure if I backed up right if using some file auto-backup....
Anyway , more persistent favorites would also be a nice thing I think !
:arrow: Don't bother me ! :!:

Return to “Voltage Modular”