How soon to expect VM to be able to run in Mac OS Ventura?

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
Fishphacurr

How soon to expect VM to be able to run in Mac OS Ventura?

Post by Fishphacurr »

Hey guys & Cherry Audio! This is my first post :D

So I'm running the current beta of Mac OS Ventura... I'm a hobbiest musician here so I can get away with doing crazy/dumb things like running betas :lol:
Anyways, the final release of Ventura is coming later this month, so I'm just wondering what to expect as far as a potential timeline for Voltage Modular to be up and running on Ventura? Obviously, I know that's still going to be a speculative answer... but as a comparison, how long after Mac OS Monterey was out did it take for VM to be up and running?

Lovvvvvve VM too btw... still digging into modular synths, even tho I had a crazy hardware system about 5 years ago! There's so much to dive into, and never enough time to figure it all out! Plus modular synths still hurt my brain sometimes, trying to fully understand everything :lol:

Cheers 🍻
PoorFellow

Re: How soon to expect VM to be able to run in Mac OS Ventura?

Post by PoorFellow »

I guess that this is the closest to an answer to your question that you will get at this point in time. (They can not tell you what they do not know - they are working on it and still ? in Beta)
(oops , sorry , I missed that you were looking for a 'speculative answer' as opposed to an exact - my bad ! :oops: )

Quote :
"macOS Ventura Beta
macOS 13 Ventura beta is undergoing testing and is NOT supported at this time. Once Ventura has moved out of beta and our tests are complete, we will release updated versions for all Cherry Audio products."

Ref. :
https://cherryaudio.kayako.com/article/ ... ntura-beta
:arrow: Don't bother me ! :!:
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

Hats off to all the developers who have to test and update their software every other week for the sake of Apple.
Fishphacurr

Post by Fishphacurr »

Yup, I totally understand what a pain it is to deal with software testing for new OS's.... in a previous career path working in Quality Assurance for a consumer tech company making products for Mac/iOS/Windows, I had some experience testing software applications for OS releases, so those annual releases of Mac OS got old real fast lol.

As far as the beta testing for VM, is it still currently private or is it open to current owners of the software? I'd be happy to check it out if so... I have an M1 Mac mini (Ventura) and an M1 MacBook Pro (Monterey).
jakitony

Post by jakitony »

when the VM running on VENTURA will come out, thank you
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

jakitony wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:49 am when the VM running on VENTURA will come out, thank you
Evidently you didn't see this: https://cherryaudio.com/news/macos-ventura-support-news.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

No word on the timing yet. Hopefully soon!

We'll need to update Voltage Modular, along with all the other plugins except Sines at this point.
Fishphacurr

Post by Fishphacurr »

cherryaudio Greg wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:24 pm No word on the timing yet. Hopefully soon!

We'll need to update Voltage Modular, along with all the other plugins except Sines at this point.
Excellent. Looking forward to it... it's my fav virtual modular environment out there out of all of the ones that I have tried, including Reaktor Blocks, Softube Modular and VCV. Musicians these days are so spoiled with options... hoping to integrate hardware again at some point.

Cheers 🍻
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

We just released the updated Voltage Modular (version 2.7.0). You can download it from this page: Voltage Modular Download

Greg
Fishphacurr

Post by Fishphacurr »

Oh God bless you! I've really missed this software so much. 🥳

Return to “Voltage Modular”