Keybord with PC and Mercury-4 installed

Mercury-4 is a detailed emulation of one of the best-sounding and quirkiest polyphonic synthesizers of the late 1970's, the Roland Jupiter-4.
pkallback

Keybord with PC and Mercury-4 installed

Post by pkallback »

Has anybody tried to make a keyboard with all knobs and slides for Mecury-4?
My idea was to diy a keyboard with all knobs and slides for the Mercury-4, have a PC-card with e.g. Windows 10 installed together with the Mercury-4 and use MIDI interface for all knobs and slides as input to Mercury-4.
In this way it should be possible to have a playable synthesizer with full hardware.
basa333

Re: Keybord with PC and Mercury-4 installed

Post by basa333 »

Hi,
You can take x midi keyboards and do it. Where is the problem?
Greets tom
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

pkallback wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:45 am Has anybody tried to make a keyboard with all knobs and slides for Mecury-4?
My idea was to diy a keyboard with all knobs and slides for the Mercury-4, have a PC-card with e.g. Windows 10 installed together with the Mercury-4 and use MIDI interface for all knobs and slides as input to Mercury-4.
In this way it should be possible to have a playable synthesizer with full hardware.
basa333 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:52 am You can take x midi keyboards and do it. Where is the problem?
It sounds like the goal is a hardware keyboard with 1-to-1 correspondence, not just mapping any keyboard to all the parameters,
pkallback

Post by pkallback »

Steve W wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:15 pm
pkallback wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:45 am Has anybody tried to make a keyboard with all knobs and slides for Mecury-4?
basa333 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:52 am You can take x midi keyboards and do it. Where is the problem?
It sounds like the goal is a hardware keyboard with 1-to-1 correspondence, not just mapping any keyboard to all the parameters,
That's correct Steve! I just wonder if this idea sounds good and if somebody else would be interrested of such thing.

Return to “Mercury-4 Synthesizer”