Instrument Fails to Load

The Cherry Audio Elka-X synthesizer is based upon the legendary Synthex, a rare Italian analog synthesizer designed by Mario Maggi and manufactured by ELKA in the early eighties.
Chankk Saotome

Instrument Fails to Load

Post by Chankk Saotome »

When running either stand-alone or DAW plugin of the Elka-X, it runs its loading page which claims to be downloading files and completing installation and then idles on this screen animation. I've been staring at it for over an hour at this point on this run. Not I can't see that I've done anything wrong and it is properly registered in my account and activated to this computer so I kind of start to worry I've been tricked into buying the most expensive screensaver in my life.
Attachments
elka-x2.png
elka-x2.png (152.32 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
elka-x.png
elka-x.png (177.93 KiB) Viewed 2259 times
Steve W

Re: Instrument Fails to Load

Post by Steve W »

Chankk Saotome wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:54 am I've been staring at it for over an hour at this point on this run.
Did you really stare at it for over an hour or is this hyperbole?
Chankk Saotome wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:54 am . . . I kind of start to worry I've been tricked into buying the most expensive screensaver in my life.
Did it occur to you to contact support before you started to worry?

I ask because to me its seems more and more some people are expressing software issues using these sorts of rhetorical devices.
Chankk Saotome

Post by Chankk Saotome »

1. Yes.

2. Yes.

I don't see how 2 is a "rhetorical device" either and I did, in fact, allow the software to simply run in the flawed hope that perhaps some element was still attempting to install or download or connect to the server but after leaving it for well over an hour nothing changed and I was still left just viewing the load animation.
Chankk Saotome

Post by Chankk Saotome »

These instructions from Cherry Support helped resolve my problem. If you have the same issue try this:

Try deleting the following two folders, and then installing again. If you have Windows:
%appdata%/CherryAudio/Elka-x
%appdata%/CherryAudio/Shared

For Mac:
~/Library/Application Support/CherryAudio/Elka-x
~/Library/Application Support/CherryAudio/Shared
cherryaudio Robert
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Robert »

Thanks for contacting Support last night, Channk. Glad you got the install worked out and sorry about the wasted time. It was nothing you did wrong, just a weird glitch.
Robert
--
Robert Saint John, Director of Marketing
Cherry Audio
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Chankk Saotome wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 6:17 pm I don't see how 2 is a "rhetorical device" . . . .
Chankk Saotome wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:54 am . . . I've been tricked into buying the most expensive screensaver in my life.
Sorry. I did not look up the specific names, but it seemed to me that saying "tricked into buying the most expensive screensaver in my life" involved intentionally choosing specific words for the purpose of being dramatic.

Thinking about it, "being tricked" could be anthropomorphic in so far as tricking behavior is what people do to other people with humanly intentional deceit, however you ascribed the behavior to a non-human process. The reference to buying a "screensaver" seemed metaphorical, although I suppose you could have sincerely thought the loading screen was intended to be an actual screensaver. And although the cost of screensaver programs have come down in price, labelling the loading screen as the most expensive one you might have bought in your life seems to be overstatement (akin to hyperbole).

I am glad you contacted support and they were able to help you.

Return to “Elka-X Synthesizer”