Feature request: Mutate, randomize selection(s)

For discussion of the Voltage Modular synthesis ecosystem.
TheGarnet

Re: Feature request: Mutate, randomize selection(s)

Post by TheGarnet »

This could be duck soup if CA would give us the format of the .voltagepreset files.

Taking a quick glance, they seem to be so close to XML, and would have been easily editable and generatable.

CA, how did you get so close, but miss this ball?

Voting for changing format of .voltagepreset files to be as ASCII text as possible. Limit the binary to things that must be binary like .WAV data, and store in CDATA blocks that can be placed at the end, or better yet, in a second file of CDATA blocks.
Peak at the insides of a .voltagepreset
Peak at the insides of a .voltagepreset
Screen Shot 2022-08-22 at 9.27.37 AM.png (2.64 MiB) Viewed 933 times
- Peak at the insides of a .voltagepreset
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

ColinP wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:01 pm I was thinking about keeping things as simple as possible so the mutation would be between the current variation and the next (with wrap around).
This is an awesome solution! Upvote!

Post by SA2K »

utdgrant wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:18 pm
ColinP wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:01 pm I was thinking about keeping things as simple as possible so the mutation would be between the current variation and the next (with wrap around).
This is an awesome solution! Upvote!
Yeah doing mutations in the variations is a good idea to add more variety with less efforts and make new ideas. But you have to choose which parameters mutate or randomize and 1%-100% or of course you'll make it unmusical.
UrbanCyborg

Post by UrbanCyborg »

SA2K: Yeah doing mutations in the variations is a good idea to add more variety with less efforts and make new ideas. But you have to choose which parameters mutate or randomize and 1%-100% or of course you'll make it unmusical.
Like I said, I think you need a menu, no matter what.

Reid
Cyberwerks Heavy Industries -- viewforum.php?f=76

Return to “Voltage Modular”