Bounce from Ratchet

huggermugger

Bounce from Ratchet

Post by huggermugger »

I'm trying to create a 'bounce' effect in the repeats of mRATCHET. I can assign the Speed of mR in Remote Control, and mR gets the modulation (in this case from an EG). But there's no speed change; mR stays fixed at I believe the Initial Value in RC. I tried Pattern Ratcheter too, but the same behaviour. I'm guessing this is inherent to the design, the Speed dial is a multiplier of the master BPM. But is there a way to override that and make the mR Speed dynamic? It'd be great for generating gravity-assisted ratchets lol.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 6.38.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-03 at 6.38.31 PM.png (297.38 KiB) Viewed 2460 times
Last edited by huggermugger on Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndyMac

Re: Bounce from Ratchet

Post by AndyMac »

The behaviour is by design across all my ratcheting modules - the ratchet speed (and gate widths for the VC Ratcheter and Pattern Ratcheter) are calculated from the clock rate as adjusted by the multiplier/divider knob each time the ratchet is triggered and then the ratchet gate repeat the number of times at the calculated rate for the duration of that ratchet.

Given the way these are coded, I'm not sure adding such a feature wouldn't create a set of potential issues with the behaviour so I will add the idea to my backlog, but it will probably be a low priority (unless a lot of other users say that they would want this adding) and maybe not deliverable.

In the meantime, you can use the BPM CV input (1V=100bpm) mode to allow control over the clock speed (subject to it being set on trigger). An alternate way to do what you want maybe would be to use the Clock Multiplier/Divider or Clock Generator to create the changing gate speed with the BPM CV input having a DC value, an envelope of some form to set the rate over time, dropping to 0V would stop the clock or using a counter such as Bernard's to stop after 'n' gates.
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

I really don't want to hijack this thread, but have you considered using a Big Rat for ratcheting (YouTube)? It might be more in line with the particular patch you have in mind.

Post by martb »

huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

martb wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:52 am You could try this one:
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/ploink
AHHHH, yes, thanks!
huggermugger

Post by huggermugger »

martb wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:52 am You could try this one:
https://store.cherryaudio.com/modules/ploink
Ploink (mentioned above) looks more to the point, but I'm a fiddler, so I'd like to check this out too. Thanks!
Last edited by huggermugger on Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndyMac

Post by AndyMac »

That looks ideal to try. I'll leave the idea on my backlog, but will only do it if I can add more than simply replicating Ploink!

Return to “Andrew Macaulay”